SIL = hell!

setdse

Reaction score
:slap: ARGH! Im so angry right now i swear im gunna scream!

(When i say sister in law i mean my Oh's sister... We're not actually married... just easier to say)

My SIL just had a go at my OH for nothing. I tell her to back off he has enough on his plate with out her screaming down his neck all the time... so a full blown arguement starts on how he keeps letting her down.... :s wtf... she never even asked him to do anything :wall2:
So i mention the fact she has let me down on my last 3 appointments she agreed to go to and then made other plans and never bothered to tell me! (2 scans and my midwife) the fact is i never know if my OH can make the date until the sunday before and said whether he can come or not i really want her there! Well No. 1 cancelled to go see her shag buddy in where ever he lives god knows how many miles away and 2nd cancelled to in the end spend it on her arse watching tv and the 3rd to meet her mums boyfriend!!

I'm really trying with her. Cos i really want her involved but it seems like she jut doesnt want to know. She said to me she does but feels like i dont care if she is involved or not....
Is it me or am i actually showing her this by askin her to go to all my scans etc....???

Well she has just turned around and said she wants nothing to do with the baby me or my OH and that we just live our lives and not think ab out her at all. "just like normal":roll:

ARGH! i really dont get her problem... is it just me or what?? they say you get stressed in pregnancy but i dont think i would be if she wasnt being like this!

URGH! I know exactly how you feel and it is SO annoying, trying your best to get on SIL good side, and they bitch about you where you can hear it, scream at the OH for no reason, and think they can talk to you like sh*t and get away with it! If I were you I would be really glad if she said she wanted nothing to do with you, your OH and baby, I wish all 3 of my SILs would do that :| xx

OMG im glad im not the only one! thing is it was never like this before i got pregnant. We used to be like best friends! :mad: annoys me cos i know she wants a kid and is sleeping around to get one and hates me for falling preg without even trying.

Sounds like she's attension seeking!! You've done your best to include her with everything yet she's thrown it back in your face! Say to her you want her involed but leave it at that, let her come to you! Hopefully she'll see that she's the one being silly!

i said i wanted her involved... and said the ball is in your court and she said "forget it" and said she wants nothing to do with the baby me or my OH and that we just live our lives and not think ab out her at all. "just like normal":strangle:

How old is this woman?! She sounds like a teenager throwing a strop! I'd just ignore her as, as lacey's mummy said, she sounds like she's attention seeking-maybe because you're expecting and she's not? If you don't give her the attention she'll soon realise it's not working-I have had to do this with my mum (yes my mother!!!!) on more than one occasion and she always comes back!

she is turning 20 in like 2 weeks! :/ but makes me think whats different?? im younger than her and yet she is the one acting like she is 2

i feeel your pain my sil is horrid she is also preggers 3weeks behind me they have been married a yr for first 2 weeks she was fine it gone so down hill she walks past me and my parents in the street all because my bro didnt tell her something he should have she blames my mum so wont talk to us bloody rediculas

I'd seriously do as she has told you to, ignore her. At the end of the day it's completely her loss, not yours!

I think this is really coming down to jealousy and probably you and her brother are showing her what she is missing.

Give her some time hun and hopefully she will come round xxxxxxxxxxxx

I know what it feels like wanting them to accept you :/ so the best you can do really is take what she says and say ok, and give her a wee text for like a day out or something, and if she's busy then ask her when she is free, and decide something, a wee day just you two girls and not about a baby can help, had to do it with one SIL from hell, and it helped xx

tried that.... we were ok for about 2 days and then she gets moody again for no reason! I'm giving up really. its her choice. i have tried everything and she throws it all back in my face. Far as i am concerned the ball is in her case.

:slap: ARGH! i really dont get her problem... is it just me or what?? they say you get stressed in pregnancy but i dont think i would be if she wasnt being like this!

i reckon she is jealous.

i know people say this all the time about family feuds etc, but it really seems like she is.

my OHs brothers girlfriend is a monster too. she pops babies out to spite other people who are ttc, and it generally the sh*t stirrer of the family. best thing to do is pretend they dont exist.

easier said than done i know xx

yh but luckily i have my own place so OH is coming to me now rather than me staying at his on weekend ( in in a flat share) just hard cos we used to be so close.... but i need to think about my littlen now. She's old enough to make her own decisions. Thanks guys. now i don't feel like im being too harsh with her.

no you are not being harsh, she is being a fud and you dont need the stress, so it is simple, just blot her out until she wants to play grown up.

she will try and get a rise out of you but you have to be strong and not take the bait. let her play the silly games, they'll get boring with no opponent soon enough.

i can ignore her quite easily but when she starts to involve my OH i get quite protective.... :/ he is my weekness and she knows it.

Although she did come in my OH's room this morning and start talk to me.... :) nicelyy....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back