The Inlaws and smoking

My dad smokes heavily and SIL does too. I'm and ex smoker and so is OH, although we haven't smoked for 5-6 years. When lo was born we mad it quite clear that hands were washed and clothes changed and my dad and SIL couldn't hold lo for 30 minutes after smoking as it lingers. My dad is the most stubborn man in the world and was like we smoked with you! I ended up having lots of operations on my ears because the smoke caused lots of yukky stuff to build up in my ears, I'm now partially deaf in my right ear.
We gave them a choice - follow the rules or don't see lo!!

Even my dad did as he was asked :) If he can do it anyone can! xx

Thanks girls,
Yeah its really hard to pack in. I actually packed in with herbal fags then went cold turkey :shock: I smoked sometimes 40 a day. You can do it hun just takes time. x

I'm in the same position! Oh mum and dad both smoke.....its kind of pretty much all they do...will never ever let baby stay around when she comes or be left alone in the house with them. My oh father doesnt move off the sofa except to go to the loo and doctors have already said he'll be on oxygen within a year. I just dont think they understand the importance. Also as they are quite abit older they have so much clutter! Its soo annoying! Theres damp too in the house and dont even get me started on the new puppy they have...its a staff which normallly I would have no problem with...but (excuse my french) why the fuck would two disabled pensioners get a fuckin staff when they know a baby is going to arrive. Im soo worried about it and the smoking arghh!

Oh its so annoying eh! There house is not fit for anyone living in, in my opinion. Thats like them too they just sit and smoke! I was in her car today and she was smoking with the windows closed so i opened mine and so did OH and he got told to shut it lol!!! I couldn't believe it! Oh well me and my baby will just inhale your smoke, so your not only damaging your health but mine and my unborn childs too. GRRR! x

omg...I just had to delete my post as I wrote a right rant hahaha think I got carried away.

Shauna it is your right to bring up your child as you see fit hun - that includes protecting baby from harm. Put your foot down - if you can give up for your baby I am damn sure they can air out the house before you take baby there or at least have the decency to not smoke right before they expect to hold the baby xx

You should of left it lol, i don't mind. Thanks yeah thats how i see it, but you know when you just can't see it happening lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back