Need to have a moan...

I understand what your saying. You need to learn how to be a mum and get yourself into a routine and you can't do that if MIL is constantly looking over your shoulder. You need to find out what your comfortable with.
You don't want MIL judging you when you change a nappy and get the it everywhere! It will happen, happens to us all! I'd just had my c section, lo decided to fill his nappy. I got up to change it, tripped over the pot collecting my wee, opened the nappy got it everywhere and he was sick too!:rofl:
What does OH say about how your feeling? MIL needs to understand you might not be ready to be away from your baby and by pushing the subject she will be doing more harm than good. MIL has bought things because she wants to but she shouldn't use it as a hold over you so you can't discuss concerns :hugs:XXX

God, some of your MIL sounds horrific, I think mine will be ok, it's the SIL I hate.
I am quite prepared for a showdown if necessary as I don't care if I never see her again! I'm all about putting my foot down. I would love to say no visitors for two weeks (my mum allowed obv) as we are bonding. How do you think that would go down? :rofl: x

That would be fantastic!! Can you imagine the reaction!! My MIL would say 'thats stupid'! She already believes she should be staying in our house for the weeks after lo is born to 'help out', more like take over and drive me crazy!!:shock:
MIL already believes I dislike her, 'where did you get that idea from? I don't dislike you, I hate you :lol:'

If I have my way I will be living on the other side of the country by the time lo is born :lol: x

I would love that! I dread the first few days when they descend on my house! Going to try and get visitors done in first couple of days then I am shutting the door! My aunt keeps saying those first few days are precious & I'll never get them back and it's true, I don't want to share that time x

I wouldn't mind coming home to some flowers and a tidy house and banner over the front door saying 'it's a girl or boy'. Then everyone can go home :) It's important you spend the first few days as a family, you & OH. It's a big change. You could just email them some photos :lol:, with a little note at the bottom saying see you in two weeks :rofl:

The woman next 2 me in hospital was actually asking 2 stay extra nights even tho she was fine to leave, because MIL was up and staying with them and was already telling her what 2 do! Hospital was her escape, she kept saying she couldnt feed the baby and they cant let u go untill they know the baby is feeding properly and mum knows what shes doing. She was still there when i left after a section and she had a natural birth!! x

OMG - I can imagine my MIL saying that to me, if she does I'm gonna knock her out!

My MIL has suggested:
Bruce, Gary, Taio, Clint, Dino, Romeo, Tikka, Chille, Safari... she is deadly serious as well!

And they turn their noses up at my suggestions! It's a joke! x

WOW! They are some serious suggestions, especially to come from baby's nan!

And i'm sorry but you SIL is acting like a total knob. Your baby, your life, your choices. She has absolutely no say in anything. She's going about things totally the wrong way and sounds like a jealous pathetic child. She's very disrespectful of you too and that needs to stop. It won't be long before hormones take over and you have to end up telling her about herself and nobody wants it to happen that way. Maybe it's time for hubbs to set her straight on a few things?

xxxx

Thanks Lex, you are so right & my Mum said the same thing. My mum says she's ready for a showdown. Lol! If she carries on I will say something, if anything it might make her p1ss off & leave me alone; then problem solved ;-)
X

Grrr to in laws.

Jenny, they seem like they mean well, but can you not just tell them to F**k off!

Mine came round last night and told me off for "milking it" apparently because she had no symptoms until 12 weeks, my constant heartburn, general queasiness and mega sore boobs are "just in my head" OH wasn't in so I not so politely asked her to leave!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back