shopping is a nightmare!

twinkles

Reaction score
Hi girls, went shopping for a dress to wear to a wedding in less than 2 weeks, left it as late as poss so there might me more choice and obviously bump is expanding fast! Well how stressful was that! Maternity stuff just doesnt do it for me, not that many places seem to stock it around here in the shops...In the end I went for a normal style dress, lovely one in miss selfridge but my boobs ment I need to go up a size from 12 to 14 but not in stock so having to order online, also found a stunning one in jane norman, size 12 was too big so need a 10, again not in stock so I came away with a new bra and a baby grow and now ordering online!!!! How can I go from a 10 to a 14?!?!?! Errrr so now I will need to shop again once they arrive to get shoes and jewellery etc! Never again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wall2: xx

I've found shopping for clothes to be a massive headache too.
I've taken to wearing maxi dresses when I'm going out anywhere nice as they are comfy and accommodating for a growing bump.

Its my wedding anniversary next week and I'd like to buy a new dress for when we go out, but really, the thought of shopping for something to wear makes me want to cry! Lol.

Not to mention the fact that maternity wear tends to be pretty grim!! X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I've got a couple of wedding evening parties to attend. I found a lovely maternity maxi dress at Debenhams. I dont do dresses but I couldnt be bothered to go shopping so ordered online and hoped for the best! x

Asos do some lovely maternity dresses. The high street is rubbish, hardly any shops stock maternity wear! X

I'm dreading going shopping for special occasion wear...I am going to a family wedding in September when I'll be about 34 weeks....I reckon I'll be buying a tent by then, not a dress :(

I hate the thought of even getting dressed let alone buying new clothes! Lol you did well to find a couple of dresses even if they weren't in stock.. most maternity wear seems to be either really expensive or made for 80 year old women. It really doesn't help your self esteem!

Last edited:
Well Im glad I did find something hope they will be here fri so I can finish the outfit the after work sat! Stick with normal clothes girls! What I ordered is lush but it was a stress!!!! x

Asos are great but each time I've ordered they go bk for a smaller size! I find then too generous..

My work wear is from next.

Hate tent shopping too. Depressing. As a result I've bought 8 pairs of shoes in 10 days cause least they fit! Xx

Totally agree girls! I've been wearing the same 3 outfits cos that's all I have, and I just can't be bothered looking for stuff! Our town is awful for maternity wear, only New Look stocks it and its pretty grim tbh, so impossible to get excited about lol. Ordering online is always an option but its a pain to send stuff back if its not right. I've just been living in black leggings or my 1 pair of maternity white linen pants, with stretchy or floaty long tops/dresses (non-maternity, just stuff I had before). Also agree maxi-dresses will be really good for summer- most of mine from last year still fit me as they're quite floaty.

I had a wedding a couple of weeks ago and had such a hard time finding a dress, as my usual size was too tight across my bump but the next size up was far too big on my boobs (which have only gone up 1 cup size). In the end I went for a purple maternity maxi dress from New Look. I'll be totally honest, its not what I'd usually choose to wear for a wedding as it was plain and I was worried it was a bit frumpy, but it was only 20 quid and I thought beggars can't be choosers haha, it was the best I could find! I wore it with a big flower corsage and my highest heels and actually felt really good in it all day, it was so comfy and got a few compliments :)

Good luck with finding something hun, hope you have a lovely day! Xx

Can't recommend Asos maternity enough girls, lovely quality, up there with Zara over H&M etc, generous sizes too.:)

Xx

I never even thought of asos for some reason, will have to check that out! I want some nice clothes!!!

Might not be a massive help but Joe Browns website has some really great tops, casual and more dressy, that are looser over the tummy area so they are amazing for a growing bump (and also just great in summer when not pregnant), I have a couple from the last few years but have discovered they are so comfy now. They aren't the cheapest, but the stuff is brilliant quality and they're always having sales and discounts.

I've found shopping for clothes to be a massive headache too.
I've taken to wearing maxi dresses when I'm going out anywhere nice as they are comfy and accommodating for a growing bump.

Its my wedding anniversary next week and I'd like to buy a new dress for when we go out, but really, the thought of shopping for something to wear makes me want to cry! Lol.

Not to mention the fact that maternity wear tends to be pretty grim!! X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I am the same bought a maxi dres from H&M and I live in it when it's hot! I need to buy some more.
Also our wedding anniversary next week too :dance:xxx

xx

i got a gorgous dress for £99 from Tiffany Rose for my 3 weddings next month. Its jersey fabric so SO comfy. Some right nice stuff on there (although most of it well out of my price range!)

As others have said Asos have come up trumps on the few occassions I have bought maternity dresses from them. They deliver quickly too, which is brill. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back