Advice on Maternity Pants

Charm

Reaction score
Ok, I need advice ladies...

When I started TTC I was a comfy size 12, even squeezed into a 10 wedding dress.
But after 2 miscarriages I started to let myself go a little and was a comfy 12 bordering 14.

My problem now is I'm 13w3d and I'm starting to get a bigger belly already. Just since last friday my 14 work pants have started to get a little tight. I know it's not wind because I'm always popping to the loo to let that out :oops:

What do I do?

Can you buy Maternity pants/jeans that don't make you look huge? I don;t want to live in jogging pants as I feel so scruffy. They're ok for lounging arund but not really office material.

I just feel fat so I want something comfy but not that'll make me look the size of a house when I'm not. If you get me :?

DH has offered to take me shopping this weekend...help!

Cx

I find that the nicest fiitting trousers/jeans come from NEXT or Dorothy Perkins...also online funmum.com do some great clothes! :D

It's a tricky one. I got some really cheap trousers from the Tesco sale in the next size up to keep me going before I have to wear maternity trousers. THey are normal trousers but are just big around the waist.

Sorry - I don't have any better advice

LBxx

I felt the same way. I didn't want to waste money getting bigger sized normal clothes that wouldn't last but I didn't fit into the maternity when I'd outgrown my pre-preg clothes either.
I found a pair of lovely trousers that look really smart from Dorothy Perkins that are designed for all trimesters of pregnancy. They have 3 button settings so you can wear them at the early stages and loosen them as they you get bigger.
They are a little more expensive than the elastic panel ones but I find they were worth it because you get a lot more wear out of them as you can only wear the elastic ones in late pregnancy.

I got a pair of adjustable trousers from mothercare.They were £30 but fit really nice and look smart. I think i was about 14 weeks when i bought them and they fit me then . They also did them in short length which is important for me as I have really short legs

Try under-the-bump style trousers too, I got some really comfy black trousers from George when I was about 13 weeks and have practically lived in them ever since!

My other life saver was a plain black long skirt with an elasticated waist. Got it from a charity shop, don't think it's a maternity skirt but was really comfy & could be dressed up for the office. Just have to make sure to hide the ugly waist band with a long top!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back