Maternity trousers when your tall

Penstraze

Reaction score
Any one else tall and having trouble finding maternity trousers? Im 5'11 so tall but not so tall I can find clothes in the high street shops normally although I do need to buy trousers in a tall, yesterday I went shopping for maternity trousers and couldn't find one single pair in a long in the shops I went in even the jeans I got a few weeks ago from DP now are not in stock in a long :evil: I think alot of the problem is I live in Cornwall and the shopping isn't great at the best of times but its so frustrating now am going to have to order off net and not be able to try them on, anyone else having this problem?

i'm only 5'8" but need a 34" leg, Next maternity are great!!

Just go for the size that you would normally wear. Also peacocks do maternity trousers in long lengths that fit also

I am exactly the same as Sparky...Next Long!

Thanks for that will have a look on their site the next near me doesn't have a maternity range but there is a bigger next a little further away so may have to take a trip there.
I brought some black maternity trousers in peacocks a few weeks ago but went for a meal in a restaurant last weekend and there was a huge splinter on the bottom of the table which ripped a big hole in them, I was not best impressed went back to get more and they had sold out! :evil:

I agree Next long are my favourites too. I'm not incredibly tall but I do like my trousers/jeans to reach the floor :D

Can't help you but i would like to say im having the opposite problem, being 5ft i can't find any trousers to fit unless they are 3quarter length.
Try New look they seem to be for tall people, or they might just feel like that to me.

Topshop is also very good. Have a look at the site, it has 34 long in maternity trousers.

xx

what about dorothy perkins? i was in a look the other day, they did quite a good range of maternity clothing so might have some long ones :D

Try finding maternity trousers when you're short and plus sized! By the time I've finished I'll be nearly as wide as I am tall! But at least I can roll my trousers up.

I know what you mean about trying to find maternity wear in Cornwall. I struggled to find something to wear when I had my son years ago. I did go home for a few days last week, however, so I popped into Truro and DP's do have a half decent maternity section upstairs. Peacocks have just started doing a maternity range - we have one in Falmouth but I'm not sure where it is in Truro. Next was useless!

I've been buying most of my clothes from Ebay. I figured someone, somewhere had to have a similar figure to mine!

Good luck on the clothes hunt :D

I got some jeans in Debenhams that are really comfy (look in tummy pics for pics) they come with the big waistband or just stretchy bits round the pockets and in long, regular or shorter leangth. I'm 5ft 10 and have them in regular and they're fine. £30 a pair and they do them in various styles and colours.

I'm 5'10. I've found Next trousers best for me. I need XL for jeans but Long are OK for formal trousers. I think that they must assume you will wear heals with formals and flats with jeans.

I'm the same with the opposite problem no short people jeans! Where abouts in Cornwall has shops? I have just moved here and I don't know where has shops! :D

Thanks girls! Im off to a bigger next tonight cause online they have lots of nice long stuff if find nothing in store will order off the net, dorethy perkins have no long trousers in stock at all on their website must be having a stocking issue or something explains why theres none in store either!
The debenhams near me is a tinny one and had no maternity stuff not risking buying on line after my wedding dress fiasco (but got a £15 voucher I spent on baby stuff as an appology!)

Nickilubs Truro is the main town although the shopping isn't amazing, theres next, marks and sparks and boots in retail bit in Hayle the next is pretty big thats where im off to tonight, most of the other towns and villages have some shops I tend to do most of my shopping in truro or trips upcountry to stay with my family, the shopping down here isnt the best though! Where did you move from?

We should have a cornwall meet there are actually a few of us down this way :cheer:

Hehe there must of been something in the air a few months ago in Cornwall because we're due the same time!!! :D

Im from Somerset. Its quite weird saying "going up to visit the parents" because usually its down haha but you don't get much more down than Cornwall! I live on a beach near Looe. Place called Seaton :) We are quite close to Plymouth but Im too scared to drive there yet!xx

Did you have any luck?

No am soo annoyed there wasn't any maternity clothes at all in the shop and just went to buy on line and they dont seem to have the jeans in extra long which is what I need in jeans at least, DP's still have no long trousers in stock I have one pair of trousers that fit and seriously need more!!!!!

Definately go to Plymouth the shopping is much beter there, I would go but don't have a weekend free too before we go to Kent begining of May so will just go shopping then, hopefully might know sex by then too so can do pink or blue shopping :cheer: Are you finding out the sex?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back