Mothercare Maternity Range

MummyMills

Reaction score
I went to my local Mothercare store on Sunday to buy some new work clothes for my ever expanding bump, only to find that despite what their website says they do not stock items in a size 8. I then tried on some size 10's but they were HUGE! So I came out feeling really disappointed & had to stop off at Greggs and buy 2 creamcakes :oops: !

In the end I went to New Look and just bought some trousers in a 12 & some tops in a 14 as that particular store didn't have the maternity section.

I just wondered if anyoe else had this problem at Mothercare, and if so, where did they go?

I can only dream of being a size 8!!!
But I would say.......
I bought a lot of clothes early on and I really regret it as I spent a lot of money on proper maternity clothes before I really needed them, then the trend for baggy smock tops came in....

my expensive maternity clothes I now hardly wear as they are frumpy and am living in tops from primark and new look that are not maternity but fit me better and look a lot nicer. Just bought one size bigger than normal and they were £3 - £8 each!

My advise would be to invest in 1 decent pair of maternity jeans, one decent pair of maternity work trousers (top shop, debenhams, M & S are all good apparently).. then buy tops from normal shops!

Hello :wave:

Also try Next but online. They have some really nice things but can't find any stores in my area that stock so I have ordered essentials; jeans, work trousers etc and then got dresses tops from Primemark

Hi, I have bought all my stuff online. The ones that do really nice stuff and size 8 are:

seraphine.com
bloomingmarvellous.co.uk
cravematernity.co.uk
isabellaoliver.com

good luck finding stuff

i echo what topbird says.

so far, ive only brought 1 pair of maternity jeans (they were on offer for £5) and i think 1 top.

i have got all my clothes from normal shops, just in a bigger size.

maternity clothes are so expensive, and you wont be in them for long. so save a few pennys and buy some normal clothes :)

I've got 2 pairs of jeans and two pairs of trousers but one of the trousers are too small already. I bought one pair from M & S that aren't maternity - I think they're actually meant for grannies. They've got an elastic waist so I just pull them up over my bump and they're the comfiest ever. Bought tops from Primark that are in bigger sizes

Hiya, I find both mothercare and next are HUGE!!!!

I also need a size 8 and find that the best maternity ranges are New Look, Topshop and H&M.

I've got most of my stuff off ebay. Once you know what size you are in a particular maternity range you can just buy that stuff without trying it on.

K.xx

I went into Mothercare last week to try on some size 14's my normal size, my god they were massive!!! I left with the hump/bump.

Maria x

im wearing 14-16 in knicks and 16 i think in torousers or they could be 14 in trousers.

also 14-16 in pj maternity ones from stearts.

my work ones i bought from mothercare :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back