Shocked & In need of Support

samparschick

Reaction score
Hi Im totally new to this forum, but felt the need to say hello and see if anyone is out there in the same boat as me that can offer a little bit of support.

I have two children with an ex partner (they are now 14 & 12) and have been with my current husband for 12 years. He also has two children (22 & 20) and had had a vasectomy for a long number of years when I met him.

He went through a reversal 3 years ago and two days ago I have found out that I am pregnant. (Two positive tests). I have visited the Dr where the two of us sat in complete disbelief.... the Dr must have wondered what was going on....I'm 5 weeks pregnant with all the usual symptoms,,, Im feeling very very tired and extreamly sick,,, but I know thats all a good sign,,, the problem is I am still kind of in shock! I think we both thought it wouldnt ever happen and I guess we kind of just forgot about it!

I will be 36 this year and he will be 51.... I want to be excited, but Im just full of fear! Is this normal? Is anyone else in the same position?

I feel that I should be bouncing up and down with happiness, but I just want to burst into tears! What on earth is wrong with me???

I'm afraid I can't really relate to your situation at all... But just wanted to congratulate you and wish you the best of luck!! xx

Hi :wave:

You're super hormonal Hun! You're bound to be worried, maybe with the results of a vasectomy reversal not guaranteed, it wasn't entirely expected? I'll wager that once you've got through those first few stressful weeks, had your first scan, and let it all sink in a little, you will start to relax and e joy your pregnancy :)

So, congratulations!! :yay:

You've found a great place here support too :)

Congrats again xxx

Aww sweetie!
Congrats! That is amazing news considering the reversals don't always work.

As mentioned I think once u see your little one on the screen etc fit will sink in.

Not exactly the same situation, but we were told we would ivf to conceive due to my OH having a very low sperm count and me not ovulating, so we kind of stopped trying, but didn't prevent it from happening and when I got my positive test after 16months, I'm still in denial and I'm 21 weeks gone with a girl!

It will sink in :) . Time to get excited! X

Congratulations and I'm sure once its sunk in properly, you'll feel on top of the world xx

Aw hun, not really the same situation but I spent the first few weeks worrying and not really knowing how to feel even though I knew deep down I wanted baby, I couldn't feel happy or excited at first for some reason. I think its because like you it wasn't really expected. Once I'd had a few weeks (and 12 week scan) that's when I started to relax, enjoy the pregnancy and start planning for lol ones arrival :)

:hugs: and congratulations :yay: x

Ahhh Hello and Welcome to PF

Congratulations on your news. I have three older kids and then decided to have one last baby before I couldn't due to age , body clock etc. Had a Miscarridge and then happily have a baby boy now.

As you both have older kids and now are pregnant again, you will appreicate this pregnancy (esp if your last) sooo much more. I would recomend keeping a pregnancy diary, and taking bump pics weekly to look back on as you forget soo quickly what it's like esp after when tired. (call me sentimental, but love to look at the piccys now with my older kids)

Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months X

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to the pf. Its only natural that you would be feeling that way hun. Sorry I have no advice for you, good luck xx

Hi Im totally new to this forum, but felt the need to say hello and see if anyone is out there in the same boat as me that can offer a little bit of support.

I have two children with an ex partner (they are now 14 & 12) and have been with my current husband for 12 years. He also has two children (22 & 20) and had had a vasectomy for a long number of years when I met him.

He went through a reversal 3 years ago and two days ago I have found out that I am pregnant. (Two positive tests). I have visited the Dr where the two of us sat in complete disbelief.... the Dr must have wondered what was going on....I'm 5 weeks pregnant with all the usual symptoms,,, Im feeling very very tired and extreamly sick,,, but I know thats all a good sign,,, the problem is I am still kind of in shock! I think we both thought it wouldnt ever happen and I guess we kind of just forgot about it!

I will be 36 this year and he will be 51.... I want to be excited, but Im just full of fear! Is this normal? Is anyone else in the same position?

I feel that I should be bouncing up and down with happiness, but I just want to burst into tears! What on earth is wrong with me???

it's a mix of anxiety and excitement :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back