shes trying 2 eat herself!

trixipaws

Reaction score
soz mods if this is inthe wrong section, wasnt sure where 2 put it!

millie has started sucking her sleeves and her fingers and seems to sometimes put her whole fist into her mouth. does this mean iam not feeding her enough? but shes gaining loadsa weight and shes not crying so surely she cant be hungry? she wont take a dummy, hasnt done since she was about 2 weeks old. how do i stop her eating her own hands lol?!

I would say - leave her to it hun, she's exploring by taste & feel....their mouths are their most sensitive to sense things....Libby shoves everything in her mouth at the minute....her hands, my hands, toys, muslin, play mat, rattle you put anything near her hands and it goes straight in the mouth :lol:

Dylan started with his fists till he figured out his thumb..now he has figured out he can get two thumbs in his mouth at once and even sleps with his thumbs out ready incase of the need to suck.

If she is still hungry she'll let you know

Libby now half the time pulls her dummy out to suck her thumb....I blame Dylan :shakehead:

Trix she also could be teething early,they can do this for months before the teeth appear....

bless her
bex

carpwoman said:
Trix she also could be teething early,they can do this for months before the teeth appear....

bless her
bex
:shock: eek i hope she dont get teeth for a few months yet coz i wont fancy breastfeeding!

Ellie used to do this before she found her thumb. It is natural for them to suck on their hands.

My LO is already sucking his fist and trying to find his thumb (he's only succeeded once so far). I don't think it'll cause them any real harm although I know from my first that thumb sucking is a hard habit to shake off (he's almost 18 and can still be found sucking his thumb when he's tired!)

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back