feeding herself?

trixipaws

Reaction score
im still spoon-feeding melissa, should i be making her do it? she does grab the spoon sometimes and feeds herself- but often the food will just get flung over her shoulder or into her hair, or on my lap :lol:
she has very little understanding of physics, lol its the same with her drum kit- she can hold the drumsticks and hit the drums with them- but with the bottom of the stick- she hasnt realised that she needs to aim her hand not directly at the drum but a drumstick-length away bless her!
seems its the same with the spoon too, she brings it to her mouth but she lines her hand up with her mouth, not the end of the spoon with the food on!
if i let her feed herself she would be hungry, as half of it would get splatted somewhere! :lol: what am i supposed to do, i feel a bit lost!

do you give her foods she can feed herself with her hands at all? IE Pasta, potatoes etc

Do you have the mini knife and forks (I got a cracking sterling silver (prob just coated) set from asda, knife, fork, big spoon and tiny spoon for £5) I find while he can feed from the big ones he is 100% with the bay ones.

why dont you let her try for 5 mins at the begininng of the food, or the end but continue feeding her in the mean time then you know she is eating well but she is also practicing her spooning ( :rotfl: )

I used to at the end, put things on a fork he could easily eat with out throwing around, like solid foods then he could play with it and learn to aim for his mouth.

HTH

I let Ryan feed himself from the spoon the other day for the first time ever. What a nightmare :shock: :lol:

I was wondering when I should encourage him to do it instead of us feeding him all the time so I did it there and then. He managed to get quite a few spoonfuls in his mouth too :D

I took some photos, I'll show you them later :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back