She wont eat! *She will from Daddy!*

happy-chick

Reaction score
We started weaning Ellie at 4 months and all was going well, she was on 2 meals a day and really enjoying it... until she got thrush. When she got thrush she went off all food, we kept trying her and she had bits here and there but we went back to just breast more or less... this was about 2 weeks ago and she still wudnt eat solids so i took her back to the docs thinking she still had thrush but thats cleared up :think: so doctor thinks its teething.

Its not that shes not hungry cos shes feeding from me about 7million times a day and still not satisfied. Today we've tried pear, banana, a shop bought jar thing but shes not having any of them, she just wont open her mouth at all. Ive given her some finger foods to try and shes a little more receptive but still not that interested....

What do i do, just play it by her and keep trying? x

Jo, ive got the same problem with meghan, a few weeks ago she loved her jars, but now shes the same as ellie, wont open her mouth, and if she does she pulls a face and doesnt enjoy it, im putting it down to teething atm..

sorry this hasnt answered ya question hun, but i didnt want you to think that ellie's the only one doing this :D

Just keep persisting with the food Jo, is she still interested in what you are eating?

Yeh shes interested but think her mouths hurting so isnt bothering, ive even tried giving her some off my plate (red pepper) but she wouldnt open her mouth. Just worried she wont be getting everything she needs from boob at 6 months?

Ahh thats ok then, i thought they had to have certain vits/minerals after 6 months? :think:

Nah... she's fine on the boob until she has past 6 months, and you can just get some multi vit drops and suppliment with them if you want :) food is all just for play until they reach around 12 months... just chuck some finger foods at her each day and let her feel, touch and experiment :) If you get anxious about it your LO will pick up on that and associate that feeling with food...

Well she'll feed from Daddy & not from me so looks like its tea from Daddy from now on! :lol: little monkey!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back