She's been admitted :(

Yeah i was gona say its a bit early to be able to tell about eye-sight. Both my LO's have all sorts of strange eye movements, wonder what they can check if they're saying she's too young to focus!!. What has been said with regards to reflux? Also, is she any more calmed down now?

Big hugs, i'm sure everything will be fine

xxxxxxxx

Oh, just seen this. :-( Really hope you are both ok. I think babies look past you when they are tired don't they? I know Emily sometimes seems to gaze into space when she is tired.

Aaaarrgghhh ffs.

So I have seen a junior doctor, the registrar and now the consultant has come to see me.

The consultant doesn't think she has reflux or a milk allergy. She thinks she is gorging herself silly with food and then being sick because she's eaten too much. She also thinks she is playing up and crying for the boob!!! Jesus, I can't believe it.

They are making a plan for me based on me having 'a clingy baby'

:wall: :wall:

Aaaarrgghhh ffs.

So I have seen a junior doctor, the registrar and now the consultant has come to see me.

The consultant doesn't think she has reflux or a milk allergy. She thinks she is gorging herself silly with food and then being sick because she's eaten too much. She also thinks she is playing up and crying for the boob!!! Jesus, I can't believe it.

What the actual f**k!!! I think they are chatting out their arse to be honest! Personally i would demand they test for a milk allergy and lactose intolerance test rather than just saying " I don't think"

Hope your ok and Tilly has calmed down x

Aaaarrgghhh ffs.

I am gobsmacked

Surely being sick & crying ect is reflux!!!!

Interesting to see what the plan is - I'd do a diary, based on this "plan" & go back & show them you've followed & its not worked.

xxxx

They have said because she settles when picked up and cries when put down she is playing up!

She said reflux babies arch their back and don't feed well.

She does that but they haven't seen it.
This woman is not in over the weekend so I'm going to tell my concerns to the next doctor on shift and hope they take a different view.

The junior doc was all for me quitting the breastfeeding and trying a different milk straight away.

Jesus.

This is what makes reflux so tricky...all the conflicting advice. If you have said about the arching of back & problems feeding then they should take your word for it & see that as being actual symptoms. I know what they mean in a sense about LO stopping crying when being picked up, as u know my LO has severe reflux & he cries & cries & cries even when in your arms.

Start afresh with the new doctor. It makes me so angry when I hear these types of stories where ppl are fobbed off. Its worse when it comes to reflux.

Are you at a normal hosp or a kids hosp. We got diagnosed at a kids hosp, I think paediatricians know more than normal doc's when it comes to reflux (baby reflux)

xxxxxxx

Makes you wonder where they get these people. Surely they should still run the tests just in case?

:hug: xxxxxxxxxx

They have said because she settles when picked up and cries when put down she is playing up!

This woman is not in over the weekend so I'm going to tell my concerns to the next doctor on shift and hope they take a different view.

The junior doc was all for me quitting the breastfeeding and trying a different milk straight away.

Jesus.

Curious.. How did you pick her up? Was she still laying in her back in your arms or did you have her upright? X

Jesus.

What the actual fuck?!? Surely you should go on an elimination diet before that!!! Ffs!!!!

Question have u tried cutting out dairy?

Sounds like they don't seem to have a clue! I agree with pinky an elimination diet could help it it's milk and like little miss says it sounds like reflux.

Hey Tor, Just read this, sorry to hear things are no easier for you. Keep telling the doctors everything and question them all the time. Hopefully someone will listen and they can at least help or reassure you.

Sending you massive hugs xxx

Just a thought has she been x-rayed on her shoulder area after gettin stuck ? Could she maybe be in pain hence the not liking being laid flat and the pain is making her sick and upset ?

Was just a thought but maybe totally unrelated c

OMG Tor just seen this you poor love *hugs*

I was also told that R was being overfed which caused her reflux by an extremely patronising doctor. I saw another who then took our concerns seriously.

Don't let them fob you off hun!!

sorry to read this, i would actually refuse to leave the hospital until they run the tests, they will cave in and do it if they see how desperate you are x

Jesus.

Sorry I haven't been following you and your baby from the start, but after reading this I feel I should share my experience with my daughter! At 2 weeks my dd (formula fed) started throwing up her feeds - it wasn't just after feeds it was anytime and sometimes a bit, sometimes huges amounts - she was upset and grizzly with it but never arched her back etc. I went to docs and was told is was because I had taken the boob away from her! grrrr -ew tried gaviscon in feeds, but didn't work and I read allsorts on the net about lactose intolerance/cow milk allergy etc - HV said to try soy formula so tried infasoy - and she still puked - but was a happy puker - the milk would come out through smiles instead of screams. So I took her to docs and said I wanted her to be tested for lactose intolerence hoping to get formula on prescription as lactose free sma was sooo expensive and it's not good for babies to stay on soy for a long time. So docs agreed to test, but said I had to put her back on normal forumla for a few the test to work:wall2: I saw that this was necessary, but I was reluctant to do something to my child that I know would cause her pain - and after the first bottle of normal formula she was back to screaming and unable to settle etc. So I stopped and never did the test - going lactose free proved it helped I didn't need the test, so I ordered 30 tins of SMA lactose free off ebay and only when she was a good few months older did I try normal milk again, and she was ok by then - her digestive system had matured enough - she stlll puked until she was 11 months - but like I said she was happy with it and thrived and gained weight still.

I hope you get some decent answers from the doctors I would be livid if they had said to me some of the things you said they have said to you!

Only just seen this! Grrrr useless frickin doctors! I hope you get some solid answers hun, sorry i can't offer any more advice but thoughts are with you and Tilly xxx

Dont have any advice so hopefully just a hug will surfice :hug: hope you get some answers soon hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back