Sex starting labour - a stupid question now...

CH0C0H0LIC

Reaction score
Right here's a very silly question for ya....

Sex can help start ya labour I understand that but how?

Is it...
A: The wiggling and jiggling?
B: The sperm doing something to the cervix/any place important?
C: The woman having an orgasm?
D: Another reason I haven't thought of?

Depending on the reason will help me decide whether I can be bothered to get jiggy with the OH :rotfl: Might just stick to a diet of pineapple curry :wink:

May seem like a strange question but I have a serious reason for asking so all thoughts welcome!!!

Sarah xxx

2 things:

semen contains prostaglandin which is same as stuff in pessaries for inductions

orgasms produce oxytocin which is same as stuff they use in drips for inductions!

Am i right in thinking it can also be a bit like a stretch and sweep?

LisaJ1986 said:
Am i right in thinking it can also be a bit like a stretch and sweep?

No a stretch and sweep is where the MW/doc inserts 1 or 2 fingers into the cervix and sweeps the membranes away from the wall of the uterus/cervix, which is supposed to encourage the rupture of the membranes and induce labour. As a penis is WAY to big to fit up your cervix until you are at least 3 or 4 cm dilated and fully effaced, its wouldn't really help in those matters, as most people aren't really in any fit state to have sex at 3/4 cm's dilation fully effaced... you are usually sucking on gas and air at that time. :rotfl: .

Ahh, see someone told me it was. OH wouldn't touch me with a bargepole anyway that late! Lol.

trixipaws said:
2 things:

semen contains prostaglandin which is same as stuff in pessaries for inductions

orgasms produce oxytocin which is same as stuff they use in drips for inductions!
Exactly what Trixipaws said!! :D

Sex worked better than anything else, I tried eating loads of pineapple every day, lots of curries, castor oil - not just a bit, nearly the whole bottle! - all it did was give me a VERY bad stomach and a bumpy tractor ride in the back of a trailer on they day i was due - as well as going over tons of speed bumps daily and bouncing on my birthing ball. Nothing worked not even asking him nicely!!

When i went in to be induced i was already 2cms without knowing, i think this was because we did the 'wild thing' lots before i went in because my MW told me to! :)

My last pregnancy we did a lot of driving over speed bumps but bit harder now we haven't got a car... Don't think I'll be in any fit state to attempt it on a pushbike :rotfl:

I am desperate to start munching on pineapple but then I have the diabetes to consider :(

Not very good with hot curries but will give that a try I guess.

Quickly going off the idea of rumpy pumpy as only one of the 'labour theories' would apply to me - not worth the 'upheaval' (literally lol )

:puke: to castor oil!!!

Might consider the birthing ball but worried the dogs might think it's a game and I'll end up on my backside :rotfl:

Gonna do lots of walking... will even attempt to overtake old people (struggling to do that atm lol)

Decisions Decisions!!!

Sarah xxx

Walkings good but... It makes you so tired, gives you mega backache and swells you up (well it did me anyway!) I couldn't get my trainers off even when they were un-laced where my ankles were so big when i got to 41 weeks.

Have you tried scrubbing the floor on your hands and knees - or pretending to :rotfl:

My mum swears this was what made her go into labour with my sister, i remember her going on this mad cleaning rampage scrubbing the kitchen and dining room floor, next thing we knew she was calling my dad to take us to my grans! I think it's the position and forward and backwards motion that does it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back