Sex brings on labour - Question

ShineyHappyPeople

Reaction score
You know the way they say sex brings on labour, is it the actual intercourse part where the cervix is stimulated or is it more when we orgasm? :think:

Neither ..... i think its the sperm that actually softens the cervix :oops:

Naterjack said:
Neither ..... i think its the sperm that actually softens the cervix :oops:
yes, sperm contains the same prostogladins that are in the stuff they induce you with :D

If you orgasm it releases oxytocin (which is used in the drip if they induce you). And as said above, sperm contains protaglandins which is used in the pessaries if you are induced.

It is only really effective if your body is ready for impending labour though. Fingers crossed it helps you when the time comes! :)

i think like julie said your baby has to be ready really, we tried it and i still had to be induced, if they arent ready they arent ready

I was classed as in early labour on sunday when i went to hospital, tried the sex thing last night and NOTHING!!!!! :(

I was told that the most effective way is to make sure his little swimmers stay in there as long as you can so stay lying down afterwards as long as you can (which is not long in my case as i end up busting to go to the toilet every 10 mins :rotfl: ).

doing it on all fours aka doggy style helps my mw told me this when i was tryin to bring on labour with my youngest and it worked along side a vindaloo, rosemary leaf tea and a sweep lol

its both. semen contains prostaglandins which ripen the cervix, and orgasms produce oxytocin, which induces labour. only if ur ready tho :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back