Sex - I know its silly but i'm scared...........

Lynds77

Reaction score
we havent had sex since a few days past ovulation. So we are over a few weeks now and hubby is getting restless! :bd:

the thing is, even though I have heard that sex is completely safe in pregnancy, I am too terrified to do it!

I am very early stages and am just worried that it will cause a miscarriage, or dislodge my baby.

anyone else feel like this or am i just being very silly?

its normal to be scared but sex is fine hun your bubs is WELL cushioned obviously dont get too rough and let him slam it in there lol but nice sex is ok xx

I had no problems with haveing sex ..I guess I can understand u being scared but I am sure you will b f9 as you have no bleeding or anything

I feel the same but am still having sex (last night lol) i guess as long as you dont get too rough it should be ok?

just watch for any pinky dishcharge or spotting, if you do get spotting after sex its ok though you probably just knicked your cervix

Unless your OH has a curved willy, I dont think it will harm your baby... (as said by a midwife on OBEM lol)

LO is far too high up to reach, even at later stages..

thanks ladies. I know I was being irrational. Might just tell him to take it slow first time and see how I feel. x

Definately talk your OH about it and let him know to go slow until you feel comfortable.... x

when i was pregnant i always felt bloated so it was uncomfortqble and i was scared too about bubs, so spooning is a nice position or missionary

when i was pregnant i always felt bloated so it was uncomfortqble and i was scared too about bubs, so spooning is a nice position or missionary

See i didn't like missionary cos it felt like we were squishing the little one lol

I just bumped a thread posted by Ruby Raven for you.

Personally when I get my BFP / sticky bean we're not having sex until 12 weeks (I am not kidding either)

With my history I am not taking any chances :shock:

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:

Personally when I get my BFP / sticky bean we're not having sex until 12 weeks (I am not kidding either)

xxxxxxxxx

I just hit week 13 and only now am I willing to let DH anywhere near me. He won't know what's hit him!!

My history is the same as yours as far as I can remember, I am being just as cautious xx

I just hit week 13 and only now am I willing to let DH anywhere near me. He won't know what's hit him!!

My history is the same as yours as far as I can remember, I am being just as cautious xx

Be gentle with him :) :)

Sadly my spotting with pregnancies 1 and 2 started within 24 hours of having sex. I have been assured that wasn't the cause (and number 3 we didn't have sex at all) but just in-case sex will be off the agenda :shock:

xxxxxxxx

you are suggested after losses not to have sex in your first trimester i agree!!

xxxxxxxxx

me too!

thanks Nat. I think hubby is just gonna have to wait, I aint taking any chances either and am going to follow my instincts! x

I know what you mean Lynds, I'm a very similar stage to you and scared of sex too! Everyone says its okay, but it still worries me. We haven't actually bd'd since the night I concieved I don't think haha, (although that's been due to a different reason being on docs orders after abnormal smear treatment)... And I don't think I will want to do it for another few weeks either.

I would have thought as long as u take it verrrrry slow and comfortable then u would be fine :) but I know exactly what you mean hun! If you know it would worry you then is it worth the worrying for the sake of a few more weeks?

Our poor OH's! Lol xxx

Hiya!
I was exactly the same!!!! I was way too nervous and then got morning sickness and so tired that I couldn't have even if I wanted to!

Poor OH though!! He's been so good and not complained at all!

Today today (sorry if TMI) - got home from work and was just dying to have sex!!! OH thought all his birthdays had come at once!!

Just go with what you're comfortable with. xx

I felt the same to begin with but I'm much more comfortable dtd now.

Just explain to oh how your feeling, I am sure he will understand and... if he's starting to get restless there's lots of other things ou can do besides full intercourse ;-)

You just have to do what you feel comfortable with.

We tend to spoon now, as even though I have no bump yet I don't feel comfy doing it any other way, even though I know it's all in my head!

XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back