Sex after stitches?

Lulu_Laroo

Reaction score
I realise that with a third degree tear that it's going to be a while yet before we can have sex again, but I was wondering HOW long? We haven't had sex since the first trimester of pregnancy :shock: and I really, really want to now, as you can imagine!

How long does it take to be fully healed down there? I wasn't told much, I don't even know how long it takes for the stitches to dissolve :(

I waited 8 weeks but even then things felt a bit tender at first. Honestly, things didn't feel comfortable in that dept until LO was about 6 months old. Everyone is different though, and it depends on the severity of the tear / cut. Just go slow and use lots of lube lol :)

Mine still hurt over 8 week after and i had a 2nd degree tear. Yours might heal differently... do it when you feel ready. x

i was told the stitches would take 10-14 days to dissolve, but then the skin still needs to be completely healed too!

i know my stitches have gone now (had a look . . . was difficult!) but i'm still not ready too, don't want to cause any damage and luckily OH isn't putting any pressure on me, though that could be due to the fact he saw it all from that end, including as i was cut :s

do it when you feel ready hun x

when i had Brooke, i was cut! and we had sex before the 6week mark and it was fine! like the others have said, do it when you feel ready, if you don't try you wont know!

i am now wanting to have sex after 3 weeks but i didn't have any stitches this time and feel completely normal down there, so we are going to try soon! just need to buy some condoms! lol

xx

me too we had sex exactly at 3 weeks and I'd second degree tear... although I was scared but honestly feels fine...like previous comment says " take your time and no pressure so when you ready am sure will feel fine too"....every wash make sure you add bit of detol in hot water to heal up quickly..also salty water help too

i took quite a while to dtd but i was just worried about damaging anything - just take it slow!

I had an episiotamy and we DTD 4 weeks after giving birth (if I remember rightly). SOmetimes it's still a bit uncomfy or i'll 'ache' for a while afterwards but on the whole it's pain free. Like everyone has said, don't do it until you feel you are ready x

Thanks girls! :)
I don't feel back to normal down there yet, I still have achey days and it does still feel a bit tender and weird, so I'll be waiting a while. I'm scared to even look down there with a mirror, I'm scared what it'll look like!! :shock:

i think it also depends on where the tear is hun, just go at your own pace. I am eagerly waiting to feel better too after my 2nd degree tear, hopefully it wont be long now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back