separation anxiety

ruby2015

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
George is 8 months old and hasn't ever been looked after by anyone but me or my husband- our parents are all too far away to help and I'm not back at work properly yet anyway- just doing the odd bit. On the odd occasion we've tried to leave him with anyone he has screamed blue murder and we've had to rush back after half an hour BUT this Saturday I have make it work. I have to present a conference in the afternoon then attend a dinner in the evening. My husband is working too and can't come with me so my mum is going to meet me there. I've booked her a room in the same hotel and will meet her in the morning so we can have a few hours together before I go off to do my conference. Does anyone have any advice as to how I can make things work? George knows my mum really well but even a few weeks ago would cry desperately if I left the room even when she was there playing with him. The conference is at 5, lasts 90 mins and is a 5 min drive from the hotel. Then the dinner is at 8- I'm desperately hoping I might be able to get him down to bed for the night in between. It's quite serious and important that I'm fully functioning in my professional capacity but I'm so worried about it. Has anyone had any similar situations and do you think he'll be ok? I'm not worried about feeding- just his anxiety when I'm not there. Wish I didn't have to do it!!!!

I'm sorry I don't have much direct experience to offer, my girl seems not to mind much being with her grandparents for the odd hour or two luckily, but the only thing I could think to suggest is a comforter or even just a muslin cloth which has your scent. We have one - I just rub it on my chest and put it by her when she sleeps or if I'm not there, and my mum said it worked a treat! Could be something you could try? Hope it goes ok for you!

Have you tried giving a teddy with your smell on it?

I'm sorry I don't have much direct experience to offer, my girl seems not to mind much being with her grandparents for the odd hour or two luckily, but the only thing I could think to suggest is a comforter or even just a muslin cloth which has your scent. We have one - I just rub it on my chest and put it by her when she sleeps or if I'm not there, and my mum said it worked a treat! Could be something you could try? Hope it goes ok for you!

Our babies don't get separation anxiety yet but they will. My hv was talking to me about it today x

They can get SA outside of the growth spurt SA. It's more common than people realise I think. A couple of the August 2015 babies have it and it's taken a while for the mummies to work with their babies to make it better for the baby :)

I was thinking of getting my mum to wear my jumper when she's got him actually. He doesn't have a comforter yet but I've been trying to introduce a little teddy. Thanks for the advice and I'll let you know how it goes- I think I'm going to be in pieces!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back