Separation anxiety in 18 month old

AugustMum

Reaction score
I'm stuck! Paige has been crying a lot at nap times and bed times and she doesn't cry for long (a minute tops) but its intense and it's everytime I leave the room after putting her down :(

It's only the past 3/4 days and I had a hunch it was Separation anxiety but just now I went into her room because she stirred a bit and she saw me and perked up and was giggling and it was lovely but I really had to pee so I tried to put her back down and get her to drift off do I could leave but first she refused to let go of my hand then every time she turned over she'd check I was there and then I just had to go and she was so upset. In the morning she wakes up really crying because I'm not there :(

Thing is, she won't sleep in my room or when I'm in here room so I'm stuck! I don't want her to get upset but I can't sit with her till she sleeps because she won't sleep!

Not sure if anyone can help but figured I'd ask lol. Anyone?!

Sorry I probably am no help. But would she understand if you explained to her you were just inthe next room/ toilet etc and you will be back in 2 mins, or when the hand on the clock gets to that number. Also, I've heard that for kids suffering from this it's important never to lie to them - ie, if you are going out, tell them you're leaving them with a sitter.. Sorry I can't be more help xx

** so f they wake up when you're out and see a sitter there they don't freak out. Sorry didnt explain that very well!

No that helps :) I always explain things and make sure I say bye bye and tell her were going for a nap etc. I read a bit last night about giving them independence so I've let her pick her own outfit today and she helped with the washing and 'folding'. I'm hoping a bit more independence and her knowing I'm there might help...maybe lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back