Self-Hypnosis for Pain Relief During Birth

DaisieBee

Reaction score
I know I might be a little premature in thinking about this but I really want to give birth without using medicinal pain relief (my family laughed at me when I told them :( )

Anyway, I was thinking about self-hypnosis as have used this for confidence, exams, stress etc and found it really useful.

Does anyone have any experiences of this, or cd's/books that they would recommend? I have done inital searches ans there is so much info and choice out there I just dont know where to start in working out what is right for me. Thanks!

Excellent, Thanks. Have just ordered Marie Mongan book and cd from amazon! Thought I might as well start early so am really hypnotised by May :lol:

When I was pregnant with Zachary a couple of the girls on here were reading books/listening to hypobirthing cds and they said they were really positive and helped them loads, so fingers crossed for you hun, its worth a shot.

Do try and keep an open mind though, dont feel bad if you do end up needing the pain relief. But I know you could do it without because some women do! Best of luck let us know how it goes :hug:

Its definitely possible and not a silly idea - I had a drug free happy home birth as planned with my 1st child in 2007. I didn't do as much hypnobirthing training as I'd have liked but I did do little bit of reading and definitely recommend the Marie Mongan book and CD for hypnobirthing training - its fab!

Valentine Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back