Second vbac

Emmam1982

Reaction score
I had 2 natural births followed by an emergency c section with my 3rd I had a successful vbac with my 4th and intend on the same again this time but I'm not having all the monitoring and scans like I did last time and just wondered if they're more relaxed in labour with a second vbac? I was under constant monitoring last time and I want to be more mobile this time.
Anyone any experience?

I don't have the full answer to this but I am also after a 2nd vbac, my 1st was an emcs. I luckily wasn't at hospital long enough to endure continous monitoring in my 2nd as was only there 30mins before giving birth. So hoping I can avoid monitoring this time too. But having spoken to a midwife friend she informed me that a 2nd vbac is almost like having a normal birth without any complications so therefore you shouldn't need to have the continous monitoring unless a problem is detected. The risk of rupture is significantly less after a successful vbac so shouldn't affect you xx

I spoke to soon....I've got a date through for a 28 weeks scan so looks like il be monitored the same x

You should join a group on Facebook called vbac support UK, I'm on it as I'm hoping to have my first vbac in feb after 1 section in February 2014. Iv found the group invaluable at providing me with guidance, evidence and support to stand my ground when they will no doubt try to be risk averse with me! Xx

Totally agree with Mrs b - she told me about the group as I am also hoping for a vbac after emcs with my first. I've found the group brilliant for information

Hi :wave:

I'm hoping for my second vbac and I have literally been left to my own devices were antenatal care is concerned. So I broached the subject with the GP surgery MW and she said that because I'd had a successful vbac before, it's proof that I can do it without any complications and that would mean that I wouldn't have all the monitoring/checks like I did last time.

TBH it didn't put my mind at ease as I've been thinking all sorts about uterine rupture seeing as I'm again stretching my uterus for a second time after my c-section...but maybe I'm just being OTT.

What I would be grateful for though is to labour my way this time as last time I was made to do it on my back whilst being monitored. Wireless monitoring would be ideal...if necessary...but I'm strongly opposing to labouring and giving birth on my back. I'm surprised that I was successful and physically it just doesn't make sense to be trying to push out a baby like that and I believe that due to being restricted in that way, my labour was prolonged unnecessarily. I've seen some fabulous birth plans on VBAC UK Facebook page and I intend to use the wording of some as they get the point across clear and concisely.

It is completely shocking though how antenatal/midwifery care is so different between regions in the UK mainland and also NI. x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back