Second stage of labour

Jen79

Reaction score
Hi, I was just curious really about how long peoples second stage of labour was. What I mean is when you were 10 cm and pushing. I got to 10cm at 1pm and pushed on gas and air till half 5 before I was given an epi and she was delivered by forceps at 6.41pm. I think this was a really long time, it was bloody awful to be honest cos I was exhausted. I just wondered if that was an abnormally long time or not? I am geting an epidural next time round cos I am scared of going through it again!

abigail was 1 1/2 hours
Tia was just over an hour
jordan was 9 mins
hayden was 20 mins

Jessica was 50 minutes
Aimee was 4 hours 5 minutes
Nathan was 5 minutes

Mason was about 1 1/2 hours, Brody was 2 pushes :shock:

Libby was delivered after just over an hour of pushing :D

I was pushing for 2 hours with a half hour break in the middle (while I waited for the epidural to be topped up, I couldn't push because the pain from my SPD to so bad, it was worse than the contractions :shock: )

Both of my kids came fast. My DD a couple of pushes,my DS i think it was 4 :D

My total labour only lasted 2 1/2 hours. Not sure of exact time for second stage but it can't have been more than 10 mins.

I was only in labour for 1 & half hours :lol:
2 pushes and he flew out :lol: :lol: :lol: ( & he was my first)
I hope this one will be the same :lol:

With my first ended up as an emergency delivery so not sure but did 3 hours pushing on Rowan. Awkward beggar was back to back :roll:

Once I got to ten centimeters dilated I started pushing and Jake was born half an hour later. I had already had an epidural a while before but it obviously didn't slow my labour down too much.

Hi Hun

I think that is a long time; I have heard that you shouldn't push for more than an hour and a half to 2 hours!! Well that is how long I was before they called the doctor in and realised that I wouldn't get her out on my own (as she was in a funny position). I was prepped for a c section but she ended up being delivered by forceps after 3 and a half hours of pushing/pulling.

I did wonder! I was at a midwife led unit and they didnt have epidural facilities or any forceps or whatnot so when nothing much was happening they transferred me to the medical hospital (after nearly 4 hrs and I also had meconium stained waters, but they werent bothered about that neither!) and they prepped me for a section but got her out with the forceps. I feel like I wouldnt have been left so long had I been at the medical unit in the first place. Think the midwife people didnt want to transfer me because I wouldnt make their statistics look favourable. Ha ha. Wont be going back there in a hurry anyway! :x

I think i was only left for over 4 hours cos my MW was useless. Once a new one came in and called the consultant they managed to get her out pretty quick.

i am so jealous of ur fast labours!!! :shakehead: :shakehead:
u must all have super lady bits lol!!

7.5 hours :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Thoroughly bloody awful! I'd had an epidural which had worn off, but with each push the baby's head would be visible and then go back up! I have a tilted cervix apparently. So then they finally decided i needed forceps but guess what only one doctor was able to do it and she was already in surgery with another patient so i had to wait for hours. It was agony and to tell you the truth if i'd known then how uncommon it was i'd have kicked up a massive fuss!!!
It caused me quite a bit of trauma after the birth as i couldn't remember most of it due to being so spaced out with the pain. A friend recommended that i have the midwife come to my house and see me to go over all my notes so that i could have it clear in my head what happened. That helped a lot. I did consider suing but then i thought well my baby is healthy and thats the main thing, i just wanted to put it behind me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back