Your second labour? quicker? slower? even worse god forbid!

Tasha20

Reaction score
:rotfl: Askd a million times I know, I cant stop thinking about the birth :lol:

Last time it was horrible, hated every second of it, and it didn't go at all how I wanted (like most births!)

I would like a water birth at home and I am having my friend and my partner at the birth to for support.

What was your second labour like compared to first time round?
Pain, time it took and recovery time etc?

I am preparing myself mentaly, as I know how much it hurts this time :lol:

It hurts as much as you remember...but your body seems to "know" what to do... :) Where as last time it just seemed to panic if you know what I mean... Lil miss was technically a longer labour, but I had no form of pain relief this time...(not that it wasn't requested several times) but it meant that it wasn't as bad as I thought it was...

recovery time was by far faster this time round... I was fine after about 2 weeks...

mine was twice as long and more painful due to him being back to back.

BUT! it was a lot more enjoyable and I wasn't at all scared cos I knew what to expect, I remained mobile throughout and had a waterbirth with just a bit of gas and air.

I definately enjoyed it more the second time around, water births are amazing and provide fantastic natural pain relief :D

I've not had a 2nd, but my sister was that quick that she only just got to hospital and her knickers off before her waters broke. 4 minutes later he was born! I've heard 3rd is longer than 1st. But i'm guessing everyone varies.

:hug: oh thank you!

I know its going to hurt a lot, but you have both made me feel much better.

Yes I know what you mean Squiglet hun, last time i went into totaly shock had a high bp and hated it.

This time I will hopefully be able to enjoy it, and im lookign forward to using the pool! :cheer:

My second was a bit quicker 7 hours in total (1st was 10 hours) but my 3rd was the quickest 2 hours in total from first contraction till delivery of baby and placenta, 5 mins pushing time though (actually i don't remember pushing waters broke baby followed).

Well Oli was around 17 hrs, so hoping for at least 10 :rotfl:

Sarah 5 mins pushing is fast! :hug:

Mine was a lot quicker but harder. The 1st one was about 19 hours then 50 minutes pushing. The 2nd one was 6 hours then 4 hours of pushing but I was induced and she was in a really bad position so it would of been fine if she was in a good position. My 3rd was my best labour at 1hr 44mins and 3 minutes of pushing :D The weights of my babies also jumped up a lot each time. I had problem with delivery of the placenta with baby no 2 and 3 wheres I didn't with my 1st.

Ooo that sounds good Kellie, got quicker, though babies do not cooperate at all, and knowing how things go for me, it will be longer and the baby will be back to back.

I may have just jinxd myself :rotfl:

First birth: 1st stage 24 hours, 2nd stage 2 hours, 3rd stage 25 mins
Second birth: 1st stage 1hr 55, 2nd stage 2 mins, 3rd stage 3 mins

My first birth was lovely , textbook delivery in a water pool, 2nd everything went wrong and we nearly lost him. Very different but 2nd one was very very quick!!! :rotfl:

My first was awful, I was induced, contractions were really strong straight away, had epidural, lasted 16 hours, was pushing for 1 1/2 hours, tore badly and I felt worse and worse everyday for about 2 weeks after due to stitches, piles etc.

Was absolutely terrified this time round as I had to be induced again, it lasted 8 hours, only had gas and air all the way through until at the very end and had a shot of diamorphine. Only pushed for 1/2 hour, was discharged the same day and was shopping in town the next. Overall I had a fab experience this time and felt great afterwards too, just goes to show no two births are the same :D

Hope this helps :hug:

Tasha20 said:
:rotfl: Askd a million times I know, I cant stop thinking about the birth :lol:

Last time it was horrible, hated every second of it, and it didn't go at all how I wanted (like most births!)

I would like a water birth at home and I am having my friend and my partner at the birth to for support.

What was your second labour like compared to first time round?
Pain, time it took and recovery time etc?

I am preparing myself mentaly, as I know how much it hurts this time :lol:

mine was no longer but worse. It may have been becasue it was augmented though . Baby had a poo and they had to get her out asap.

Ouch !

You got your homebirth in the end though Budge :D

I hope it goes smootly for me :pray:

much much faster,

Mason- 24 hours
Brody- 5-6 hours
Riley 1hr 20 mins :shock:

:shock: Blimey Urchin!

Id be happy with 6 hours :lol:

Claire&Jack - I hope its a quick one hun :hug:

Tasha20 said:
:shock: Blimey Urchin!

Id be happy with 6 hours :lol:

Claire&Jack - I hope its a quick one hun :hug:
me too :lol: tho it was only 7 and a half hours of established labour last time so think i was lucky :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back