Your second labour? quicker? slower? even worse god forbid!

Lucky you!, hope its jus as quick if not quicker! :hug:

Stephen 33 hours

Imogen 3/4 hour :shock: painful and was back to norm next day, no stitches or tears! :cheer:

Wahoo mrs_tommo :cheer: :cheer:

Thanks Claire!

I hope it is much quicker, I will come to thinking about the pain when it starts :rotfl:

my second was 100 times worse tham my first but totally different situation, kieron was 36 hours and ventrose delivery 13 days late natural start
hannah i was induced at 35+5 12 hour labour then emergency c section

1st - back to back, long early labour (2 days), and few hours of active labour and 2 hours to push her out. Took me a while to heal too. This was a hospital birth with epi.

2nd - lasted a day, with half an hour of active labour and 12 mins to push her out. Recovery was fast, was walking downtown two days after with no pain. Second birth at home, with no pain relief apart from TENS. Used homeopathy too.

Some of you girls are so lucky!
My second was the worst for pain! The quickest at about 7 hours but the most painful by far!

From waters breaking and contractions starting to the birth, Isaac was 86hrs so I am planning a quicker 2nd labour :wink:

Very best wishes Tasha, I hope we both get a more pleasant, home experience this time for our babies :hug:

DS was 4 weeks early so my relaxed planned waterbirth went out the window, still managed a homebirth though :cheer:

It was faster but a lot more painful. My contractions started at 2 mins apart from nothing and then went to 4 mins at most, so it was very intense. My labour started at 5am and he was born at 12.32pm, so it was quite short (went from 2cm dilated and not in established labour (apparently!) at 10.15am to him being born in just over 2 hours).

I did feel a lot better though 2nd time round and was up and about the same day, back cleaning the house and washing the floors on my hands and knees a couple days afterwards. After DD I felt like I'd been hit by a bus for two weeks!

my first was horrible and left me in pain and bed ridden for a month or so after. but 2nd time was a quick6 hours and out she popped and home again. :rotfl:

Wow :D Thanks everyone for you replys!!!

You have gievn me some hope that I maybe quicker, though it will get painfull quicker! :lol:

I am really interested in the homeopathy Beanie, I will have to get in touch about that :hug:

Thanks again everyone for sharing :hug:

My first was 4 hours so am bricking it this time, hope i get there in time!!!

My first birth with George i think established labour lasted 1hr 45 mins, this time with Sam the MW's kept telling me to expect a quicker birth - I didn't believe them and expected to be in labour hours.

In fact, i ended up being at the maternity unit for only 6 mins before Sam was born :D

I had been having really mild contractions for a few hours previous but wasn't in a lot of pain i called the hosp and they told me to hold off as long as i could before going in. In the end i knew the baby was coming quick as the contractions became two mins apart in the space of no time.

Needless to say he should have been born in the car on the way there i don't know how i held him in!

No time for pain relief or anything I spent the last few months worrying myself about the birth and pain.
You can't predict how it's going to be though i know that now.

Emma58 said:
In fact, i ended up being at the maternity unit for only 6 mins before Sam was born :D

My older sister was exactly the same. Except she was 4 mins on the labour ward before her boy arrived! They'd been stopped by Police on the way there coz they thought she was foreign with no insurance. But wouldn't let her go until they double checked it!!!
She literally got her knickers off when the waters broke and 4 mins lter he was here! She was terrified with her 3rd! But it was opposite! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back