second labour...

lisa282

Reaction score
This will be my second baby, and I had a pretty easy, short-ish labour last time. But going on common evidence, second babies are generally bigger and labours are shorter....allegedly! :think: Just wondering if this bodes true for you ladies? Was your second baby bigger? And was your labour shorter? My first baby was 8lb 14.5oz, and my established labour lasted just over 5 hours, so will be interested to see if I can produce a bigger baby in a quicker time frame! :lol: :hug:

1st (boy) 6lb 15 1/2 labour around 6 hours. 2nd (girl) 6lb12 labour 4 1/2 hours, 3rd (boy) 7lb 5 labour 3 1/2 hours and 4th (girl) 5lb 8 labour 1hr 15 mins.

First 8lb9oz (girl) born in 8 hours, established labour 4 hours.... second 8lb14.5oz (another girl) born in 8 hours, established labour 5 hours... You might not produce a larger baby though as your first was a boy and boys are generally bigger and this time its a girl.

Squiglet said:
First 8lb9oz (girl) born in 8 hours, established labour 4 hours.... second 8lb14.5oz (another girl) born in 8 hours, established labour 5 hours... You might not produce a larger baby though as your first was a boy and boys are generally bigger and this time its a girl.
My girl was the biggest so far!! :lol:
My first was 7lbs 12 and laboured for EVER lol 32 hours or something lol
My second was 8lbs 7 and around 6-7 hours labour
My third was 8lbs 9 and labour was around 9-10 hours!

(you know Im sure each time I add them up they are different haha maybe I should just writethe times I went in to the times giving birth and let you add them up :rotfl: :rotfl: BRAIN FOG) haha

first, Girl 8lb14.5oz latent share of labour 18 hours (started by sweep as 12 days over due) 6.5 hours established labour
Second, boy 10lb12oz about 7 hours started by having my waters broken as 14 days overdue

1st, girl, 7lb 10oz, 10 hours
2nd, girl, 7lb, 7 hours
3rd, boy, 7lb 1oz just under 2 hours
4th, boy, 7lb 7oz ,3 hours

mine 3 all got lighter and came faster each time, the last labour was 1 hr 20 mins :shock:

first was about 36 hours from first contraction, she was 7lbs 15oz at term+8
second was 9 hours from first contraction, she was 8lbs 4oz at term+11

first labour was about 36 hours (about 20 of which was 3cm+!(established) it was awful. and she weighed 8lbs8oz

second was about 4 hours labour and about 15mins 'established labour' lololol. It was a lovely experience and she came in weighing 6lbs4oz

So faster and Lighter :)

Mine were exactly the same weight 8lb 12oz first labour was 26 hours, second was 1hr 55.

1st labor was 48 hrs not to bad pain wise but i had gas and air and pethedine 48 hrs from waters breaking to birth established labour was around 5 hrs.-7lb10
2nd was 6 hrs from waters broke to birth established labour was about an hour.. 2nd labour used a little gas and air and the birth pool (which was amazing) labour was more painfull at the last 15 mins tho.. felt outa control lol -8lb7

oh fudge I clicked the wrong one.

I voted the first one but I meant to vote the third - labour was shorter and baby was smaller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back