labour the second time round?

scottishterrier

Reaction score
hi, can anyone tell me if they did have a much faster/quicker birth the second time aound and if so could you share how long your first and second labours lasted? thanks

Personally my labours have been quicker each time (1st - 6 1/2 hrs, 2nd - 4 1/2 hrs, 3rd - 3 1/2 hrs) but I know people who have laboured longed with second or subsequent babies.

thank you for the reply. My first labour lasted all of 2 hours from start of tiny niggly pains to baby in my arms so a faster labour is def not something im hopong for lol.

mine was 28 hours, but she was back to back, hoping for a quick one this time :lol:

I personally liked giving birth the second time. Only problem was that Eloras head was facing up instead of down, if she'd have come out normally she would have been here alot sooner :)

I am hoping for a similar labour this time round. I woke up having contractions every 2 mins in the morning, not particularly sore and then gave birth 5 hours later. I would lurve for that to happen again!! I will let you know pretty soon I hope!!

My 1st was about 12 hrs, my 2nd was about 11 hours but I was pushing for 4 hours cos of her position so it should of been a lot quicker. My 3rd was 1hr 44 mins. The actual dilating part has shortened a lot with each birth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back