Weight gain second time round

gems

Reaction score
All of you that are mummies of 2 or more babies did you gain weight differently the second time round? Was weight gain quicker? Slower? More? Less? Was your second baby a different sex to your first baby? Also did you get more or less stretchmarks second time round? Reason I'm asking is my first pregnancy I gained weight straight away before I even realised I was pregnant I had starting gaining weight but this time is different so far (I no its early days still!) I haven't gained a pound yet. Last time I gained about 2.5 stone and got stretchmarks all over my hips, thighs and a couple on my belly. Just hoping it will be different this time round! Thanks in advance for any replies xxxxxxxxxxx

Well Im only 20 weeks but this time so far is totally different, I have gained about 5 lbs wheras with my son I had gained about 20 by now, as for stretch marks I didnt get any until 39 weeks so I cant comment yet.

Im same as ELla. I had gained loooads by this time in my last pregnancy (Im 25 weeks) but so far I have only gained 4lb. Im doing Slimming World diet too to make sure i dont end up like a roley poley by the time bubs is born!

As for stretch marks no new ones as yet..but i didnt get any til near the end last time anyways so we shall have to see...

With my first I gained 3.5 stone, with my second I gained about 2 stone in total! They were both boys! :D Oh and I got a couple of extra stretchmarks in the last week because I had a bigger bump with Dill! :D

With my 1st I gained about 4 stone but I only gained about 20lb with the 2nd and she was nearly 9lb of that, didn't gain any at all till I was at least 5 months. They were both girls! I gained slightly more with my 3rd who was a boy but only about 26lb but I didn't get any morning sickness when I was having him. I didn't really get any more stretch marks than with my 1st just a few more above my belly button.

cant remember exactly but with my first it was all baby weight.
With this one ive gained 3.5 stone so unless she is a bruiser ive got some dieting to do

With my son I gained loads really fast and looked awful after giving birth. I also got a ton of stretchmarks. It took a lot to try and get back to normal!

With my daughter I was still in my normal jeans until I was 16 weeks pregnant because I hardly gained at all. I didn't tell anyone at work I was pregnant until I was nearly 13 weeks and no one suspected a thing. I had no new stretchmarks and I felt fab after having her, bit of a jelly belly still but that's to be expected. I think in the whole pregnancy I gained about a stone max.

Thanks for the replies ladies. Would love to hear from more people as well xxxx

With my first I gained 4 stone but it was due to eating really badly as Maddison was only 4lbs 15oz :oops: I'm trying to be more careful this time as I'm still carrying some extra weight from first time round. I have gained 1lb so far :hug:

I had two girls. With Tia I gained loads... with lil miss I was in my jeans again 2 weeks later (my tops were a different story but I'm booby feeding so they are hooge :lol: )

I actually lost weight during my pregnancy and only ever gained the recommended amount with lil miss plus 1.5lbs more... which was because the average baby weight was stated as 7lb 7oz and lil miss was nearly 9lbs.. :roll:

With Tia my tummy looked like a map of the London underground... with lil miss I got just one stretch mark... mind you there wasn't really any room :rotfl:

I think the weight gain is so dramatic the first time round because having a baby completely changes a womans body... but the second time round the damage is already done and its less noticeable.. :rotfl:

I was the same as u snuggle when I was pregnant with Jessy. She only weighed 5lb14 when she was born. I couldn't stop eating big multi packs of chocolate so tryin to b better this time round. Am also hoping that now Jessy is walking she will keep me running round too much to gain much weight :D

I will add that with Lola-Mae, I only gained about 10lbs! (must have lost some at the begining??) And i now weigh less than before I was pregnant!? She was my 4th!

I'm the same Lea, I weigh nearly a stone less than pre pregnancy! I put mine down to breastfeeding and running around after a 3 year old and walking to pre school and town and back :D

I got massive with my first but was surprising slim bar my bump with Jaeda, could be down to servere sickness till about 14 weeks??

I think it has a lot to do with what you eat.

I haven't weighed myself but I know I haven't put on nearly as much weight this time. Partly because I've been running round after a toddler, partly because I eat more healthily now (because of said toddler!).

I've got more stretchmarks on my belly this time, plus my old ones turned red quite early on, but the marks on my thighs from last time have stayed silvery.

I found it really easy to lose the weight after ds (breastfeeding and lots of walking!) so hopefully it'll go even quicker this time with 2 to look after.

Last edited:
I lost weight with both mine, significantly more 2nd time due to terrible sickness but I do naturally loose weight when pregnant.

I Never got streach marks with either and I had a huuuuugggggeee belly with 2nd, didnt look preggers at term with my first! and both thimes my belly sprang back.

I very rearly weigh myself but from 8 weeks to 20 weeks I lost 2 stone 2nd time round but I was literally starving due to MS, I went from a size 10/12 pre preg to an 8 post labour with dS and this time a 14/16 to a 12 this time ( I had put on weight the year before due to an illness).

pregnancy is kind to me in the weight aspect

i didnt get any 'extra' stretchmarks with my second., but then she was alot smaller, and classed prem. :think:

I was the same with both pregnancies, only put on a stone and a half and didn't get any stretch marks either time. I was in my normal jeans until 18/19 weeks with both pregnancies.

2nd time around I was back into my normal clothes much, much quicker, just a week after giving birth. First time around it was 4-6 weeks before I could fit into all my non maternity wear.

I did eat healthily in both pregnancies which controlled any weight gain. I'm bottle feeding so can't believe how lucky I've been to lose the weight immediately this time and I've had one of each sex yet both pregnancies were identical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back