• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Second hand gifts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmamb

Reaction score
What's ppls views on second hand gifts at Xmas? I've always been a bit snobbish about it but have bought a few good condition second hand stuff this year but feel a bit cheap iykwim? xx

I dont think I would do it but it depends what it is?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've bought my 10yo an iPod touch and Kieron a wooden activity cube with the bead wire stuff at the top. I've bought a few board games but they're unused so not really second hand x

i think it was 3 xmas's ago we did an ebay xmas ( we were broke) . just make sure it is in good condition, it'll be fine xx

I personally don't see the problem! we've also bought Tegan a wooden activity cube second hand from a nct sale looks like new! why pay full price for something when you can get it so much cheaper?! xx

We have bought a few of chloes Xmas presents second hand, look like they have hardly been used x

2nd hand toys for xmas and birthdays is a no no for me. I've only ever bought 2nd hand once and that was games for DS's leapster 2 from ebay.

I've seen some rubbish people try to sell and wouldn't want to waste money on it. I think it would be different if I knew where it came from, like a friend or a family member.

As long as it's in good condition and you are happy with it then why no. Great if you can save a bit of money but it's not for me. x

most of Owens xmas pressies this year are second hand. I love getting second hand 'pre-loved' they are in fab condition and I love that I'm not buying new and just consuming, consuming!

he has:
toddler slide (ebay, £10)
wooden train set ~(ebay £10)
4 diff insert puzzles (charity shop, one or two quid each, like new)
ELC wooden alphabet spinny thing (£1.50, charity shop)
Wooden staching rings (£1 playgroup toy sale)
Construction hat (£1 - playgroup toy sale)

Getting him some new jim jams and slippers and a little bit of choc. and a couple of new books.

:) love it!

i have bought a lot of second hand this year i had 4 laptops to buy and could never afford them all if they were new. they are all boxed and in fab condition. i have also bought other things second hand but will buy new also. I think its a fab way of being able to afford the unaffordable x

iv got loads for LO from an nct sale but got him sooo much more than i could afford new. so i dont c the prob when its for own LOs bt dont no whether id give to others x

My Mum really enjoys doing jigsaw puzzles but for decent ones they're normally about £10.99 each, which she thinks is stupid for something she'll probably only do once (and then get rid of because they take up a lot of space). So whenever I see a good one in a charity shop I get it for her. Sometimes I do it first to check all the pieces are there, other times I just hope they are (they always have been so far!).

It means she can have more presents as they're normally about £1.99 from charity shops, and she doesn't have to feel bad passing it onto somebody else or back to a charity shop once she's done it.

As long as things are in a good condition I don't really see a problem with it, especially when people are struggling to buy day-to-day things. I reckon once I've got a LO to buy things for I'll be buying even more things second hand, especially things that they'll only be interested in for a little while.

I'm happy enough to buy second hand, especially since they grow out of things so quickly. Plus it's handy when they're not old enough to realise its second hand :lol:
I got her jumperoo second hand and it's in immaculate condition. I think you just need to have a proper look so you don't end up with rubbish.
X

I got odhran some elc bits second hand, they are boxed without a Mark on them, wouldn't buy second hand for my parents etc though x

we are broke and giving second hand bits they are hardly used has saved us a lot got a second hand jumperoo been used once for £30 :)

Like you ladies as long as the condition is good i dont mind,

I like reading if someone bought me a load of books from a charity shop id be quite happy!

Why pay pounds for something if you can pay pence!

(ive also recycled some gifts we got last yr that we havent used for other people this yr, all helps keeps cost down) xx

I've done the same, lots of gift sets I never used, just hope I don't give them back to the person who gave me it :blush:

I never woul tbh, but now I'm pregnant, I think I'd would consider it... I am desperate to buy all new for our baby, but will probably have mostly second hand. If its in a good condition like nearly new, I wouldn't mind too much. I just like the idea of buying everything nice and new x

It depends what it is. I'm guilty of recycling gifts I don't want but I never pass on crap.

This year I bought DH an Electric guitar off eBay which had been hardly used and is like new. It cost me a quarter of the new price. I'd never have been able to afford it otherwise.

I went to an NCT nearly new sale a bit back. Most of the toys did look used however some were hardly touched. I'd buy second hand toys when LO is very small if they are hardly touched.

I bought a second hand iPod touch-amazon condition-boxed etc...I just went to delete all data so it was 'new' and it was f***ing jailbroke...iTunes wouldnt read it-spent an hour and half having a blind panic before sorting it after 3 attempts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back