Second C section

Smithy1980

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I had an emergency CS with my lo after a horrible induction. I'm pregnant with beany no 2 and am trying to decide whether to elect for a CS or just to let nature take it's course.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had more than 1 CS and what it was like? My scar last time healed very well but was sensitive for a long time. The thought of them cutting in the same place makes me go a bit meh! Just wondering others experiences? Thanks :) xx

I had my second c-section last November. My first was a bit like yours (emergency, scar healed well, but felt weird for ages). I don't know about you, but the area around my scar, including the scar, remained reasonably numb. This time I had some pain in the week or so just after, then little niggly feelings for a few more weeks, but I feel it's settled down quicker. I did have an issue with the spinal though - I've had some nerve pain in my lower back and bottom, which took a couple of months to go away (and I still feel occasionally if I'm holding my son for a long period of time).

The scar's not quite as neat as it was - doesn't look like they opened up exactly along the old scar, so it's slightly wider in places.

The choice between c-section and VBAC is so tough. I spent months trying to weigh up the options, then got diabetes and was told it would be either induction or c-section at 37 weeks. I couldn't face another induction, so went for the c-section. If I hadn't got diabetes I may have gone for a VBAC, but in all honesty, the elective was so relaxed and calm and I got to hold my son straight away - I really couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Ah thank you that's reassuring to know! :) I am edging towards an elective because my last induction was so horrendous! It's was scary and I don't want to feel that way again.

It's good to know that the scar wasn't too bad , or the pain, I couldn't touch mine for ages, it made me go funny, but yes I totally agree mine was numb and tingles for ages too!

Thanks for sharing your experience with me ;) really appreciate xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back