Anyone had a planned c section??

kat86

Reaction score
Hi, I've recently been in hospital a few times really ill with influenza. I'm exhausted and still not feeling great. After a horrendous birth and emergency c section in my last pregnancy I am tempted to have a planned c section so was just wondering if anyone's had any good or bad experiences and the reason you had planned c sections and your views on how it went? Xxx

Hi :)

It must have been awful for you being so poorly :(

I had a planned section due to the size of my baby :) S was 9 14oz Her size was picked up on a growth scan at 32 weeks and monitered until 38 weeks when they decided it was safest to have a section.

I'm sure you will hear both good and bad but I had an amazing experience with my section. At first I was terrified... I'd never even been to hospital before let alone had surgery! But i have to say it was the best and most surreal experience of my life.

The drugs i was given did make me a little sick but i had someone stood next to me who everytime i felt sick i told and he gave me something in my hand which took the sickness away. I didn't feel a thing during the op or for about 24 hours after.

My gorgeous girl was born and i was able to cuddle her almost straight away. I seemed to be in and out in about 10 minutes actually!

The recovery was difficult... I wont lie i found it quite difficult but i have probably the lowest pain threshold you will ever see. Advice on handling the recovery:

Be aware of when your next tablets are due and take them regularly until you feel that you don't need them anymore.

Take a V shaped pillow to hospital... Maybe a couple of them. I found it was the only thing that would support me properly and allow me to sleep comfortably without lying down too much. It is also great for feeding, I bottle fed and found that being able to have the pilow to hold Savannahs weight while i fed her really helped. Also if you cough/ laugh/ sneeze its good to press it firmly against your tummy so that your stitches don't pull.

Also try to sit up as much as possible and as straight as possible... Lying down when you've had a section is probably one of the worst things you could do, I had split tummy muscles and so lost the use of them for about 2 months after birth so i couldn't get out of bed properly without being lifted for about the first 2 weeks!

The recovery sounds awful... and it is hard. But my actual section i wouldn't have changed a second of and I will be more than happy to do it again next time round if i need to.

If you have any questions i will be happy to answer :)

I hope your feeling better soon sweetie

x

Ah thank you for your reply hun!!!! That has really helped!! My section last time I can't remember much about because I'd been in such an awful labour for 2 days. I was so exhausted after so I really don't wAnt to end up with another emergency section. Your planned one seems much better!! I remember the recovery not being great but I think I can handle it again if I have help off family with my 2 year old xxx

Mine was semi planned and it's been a really good experience so far. I had mine 12 days ago and it hasn't been half as bad as I thought. I know everyone is different but from my experience would def recommend and would have another x

Thanks hun!! That makes me feel a lot more positive about the idea!! Xxx

Ah thank you for your reply hun!!!! That has really helped!! My section last time I can't remember much about because I'd been in such an awful labour for 2 days. I was so exhausted after so I really don't wAnt to end up with another emergency section. Your planned one seems much better!! I remember the recovery not being great but I think I can handle it again if I have help off family with my 2 year old xxx

I didn't realise you had had one before :) If it helps the lady who was opposite me in the ward also had a section and it was her second too. She was up and about quicker than i was and she had hers a day later than mine! She said it was much easier second time round because she sort of new what was coming with regards to the recovery.

I had a planned C section - had the choice due to medical issues.

I'm so glad I opted for the section, my LO was 10lb 1oz and with severe joint/pelvic/muscle pain I would never have been able to deliver her naturally.

Have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the whole process. We had an afternoon slot so took our time in the morning to walk the dogs and get sorted before going into hosp at midday. We hadn't told anyone the date we were going in!! We wanted to suprise our friends and family!!

We went to theatre at 4.45 and she was born at 5.34.

Definately take painkillers regularly even if you feel you might be ok and don't be tempted not to get up and about. I was home after 2 days and walking the dogs after 5 days!! Yes the stitches pinch a little but it wasn't as bad as I imagined!!

I didn't realise you had had one before :) If it helps the lady who was opposite me in the ward also had a section and it was her second too. She was up and about quicker than i was and she had hers a day later than mine! She said it was much easier second time round because she sort of new what was coming with regards to the recovery.

Yeh I had an emergency section but I have to admit it wasn't nice after 2 days of horrendous labour so its such a tough decision of what to do this time round. Although all these positive stories and experiences from you guys is really helping me to decide!! Thanks hun!! Xxx

I had a planned C section - had the choice due to medical issues.

I'm so glad I opted for the section, my LO was 10lb 1oz and with severe joint/pelvic/muscle pain I would never have been able to deliver her naturally.

Have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the whole process. We had an afternoon slot so took our time in the morning to walk the dogs and get sorted before going into hosp at midday. We hadn't told anyone the date we were going in!! We wanted to suprise our friends and family!!

We went to theatre at 4.45 and she was born at 5.34.

Definately take painkillers regularly even if you feel you might be ok and don't be tempted not to get up and about. I was home after 2 days and walking the dogs after 5 days!! Yes the stitches pinch a little but it wasn't as bad as I imagined!!

Wow it's great to hear so many positive experiences!! Thank you for sharing with me! I think Its looking more likely that we will go with the section at this rate! Thank you xxx

hiya! i had aplanned c-sec last weds and i would def do it again. it went so well and ive healed brilliantly. i was in hospital for 5 days (nothing to do with the c-sec) so i didnt have help on hand by the midwives when i needed it which may have made the healing process easier....

it is painful after and you may struggle but now im on day 6 and feeling fine, just alittle achyness and soreness but able to do quite a bit.

scar is amazing! cant believe how well its looking and i really cant complain too much about anything- except not being able to lift baby too easily the first few days (he was a big boy 8lbs 12oz).

i would def recommend one if you feel that would suit you better :) just be prepared you will hurt and have to take it easy for a while xxxx

hiya! i had aplanned c-sec last weds and i would def do it again. it went so well and ive healed brilliantly. i was in hospital for 5 days (nothing to do with the c-sec) so i didnt have help on hand by the midwives when i needed it which may have made the healing process easier....

it is painful after and you may struggle but now im on day 6 and feeling fine, just alittle achyness and soreness but able to do quite a bit.

scar is amazing! cant believe how well its looking and i really cant complain too much about anything- except not being able to lift baby too easily the first few days (he was a big boy 8lbs 12oz).

i would def recommend one if you feel that would suit you better :) just be prepared you will hurt and have to take it easy for a while xxxx
Thanks hunnie!! Glad to hear yours went so well!! I thought I'd hate being in hospital after my son was born but I actually down mind too much. Thy really helped me with feeding etc xxx

hey hun

i had a horrendous emegency section first time round sounds a bit like urs as i was in labout 33 hours before the section :shakehead:

i will admit i was scared to death of having another section 2nd time around and being in labour for ages incase it resulted that way again, but the labour i had with my second was much quicker and smoother and couldnt have been more amazing

this time around i had the same thoughts on section but still have a choice coz of my first one i had all the way through i have opted 100% for VBAC again but im now experiencing a few problems which means there is likely hood for a c-section to be planned instead, but i have come to terms with that now and realise if its what best to get baby out then so be it :) i do worry about recovery as i have 2 children but im sure family and friends will be supportive and help out a lot

just weigh up ur options and do what you feel is best for you and also speaking with ur consutant might help it did me xxxx

hey hun

i had a horrendous emegency section first time round sounds a bit like urs as i was in labout 33 hours before the section :shakehead:

i will admit i was scared to death of having another section 2nd time around and being in labour for ages incase it resulted that way again, but the labour i had with my second was much quicker and smoother and couldnt have been more amazing

this time around i had the same thoughts on section but still have a choice coz of my first one i had all the way through i have opted 100% for VBAC again but im now experiencing a few problems which means there is likely hood for a c-section to be planned instead, but i have come to terms with that now and realise if its what best to get baby out then so be it :) i do worry about recovery as i have 2 children but im sure family and friends will be supportive and help out a lot

just weigh up ur options and do what you feel is best for you and also speaking with ur consutant might help it did me xxxx
Thanks Hun, I appreciate you sharing that with me!! I have another appointment next week with my consultant so I will weigh up all the options with her xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back