school trip

budge

Reaction score
my 8 year old is going on a school trip for 3 days in May. I know its only three days but im dreading it. Ive never had a day without her - shes only stopped over night once at my brothers.
I know she has to go and i know she will enjoy it but im finding it hard not to think about it.
Emily my 9 year old missed out on the trip last year so ive no experience with this sort of thing at all.
Can anyone reassure me :?
Tell me im a silly cow if you like :lol:

my neice is going to brighton for 4 days in march and i don't want her to go and i'm not her mum :lol:

i can't imagine keeley being older and going on trips...but she will be okie hun all the teachers will look after her... :hug:

its the thought of her being away from me and me not being able to say goodnight and stuff :(

im sure ill be ok once the time comes. i think its the fact that she couldn't give a damn about me thats doing me in :lol:
i suppose i should be proud i bought up a good confident independant girl :D
but why can't she be an itsy bit upset at the prospect of being away from me :cry:

she's probably too excited at the mo just wait til your packing for her and it hits home then i bet she will miss you....i was like that i was supposed to go germany in year 8 at school my mum paid and everythin but i wouldn't get on the coach :oops: :oops: :oops:

embrassing i know but hey ho :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

she better fooking go!!!! ive paid!!!!

:rotfl:

i knew someone would make me see sense :dance:
thanks nic :hug:

bless ya hun, so it dont get easier as they get older :wall:

your doing the best thing by letting her go on the trip.

treat her like a butterfly. if you hold her to tight and smoother her and over protect her she will fly away. let her spread her wings and experince freedom make mistakes and learn from them she will always want to come back.....

cheesy i no :rotfl: but some one said it to me about being over protective with my OH :oops: but its the truth i suppose :roll:

to me right now thinking of Dior being 8 going on a trip dont bother me but i bet by the time it comes to it il be climbing the walls.

your a fab mum so i can only imagine what great kids you have, She has her head screwed on and will have a good time and miss you loads no dout

aww dionne your post was lovely. i love the butterfly thing - ill keep it in mind. xx

Hey Budge u silly cow :wink: :hug:

Nah ur not being daft, it will be hard if she has never been away from you, but i bet ya she will have a wicked time and come back full of beans and totally would of missed u all :D

I remeber going on a school trip and i was gutted cos i was leaving my mum i couldnt even phone her to tell her i was ok :rotfl:

So i bet ya she does give a dam she is just trying to act all grown up :hug:

my son is 15 and has just been to russia and i cried for thw whole 10 days he was gone hun so dont feel silly, he had a great time and the 10 days flew but i would still be the same if he went again lol

hey budge :wave:
Georgia is going away for 4 days in june on a school trip to a farm only 20 miles away :roll: (£130 for the pleasure!!!) she can't wait & has not said once 'i will miss you mum' shes 10 so a bit older than you DD.
you wait when the day comes & you have to say goodbye, she will be upset to leave you! the saying goodbye is the hardest, i always cry :cry: & make myself look a prat in front of the other parents who never seem to get upset!

make sure you get her a disposable camera & when Georgia went to brownie camp a few years ago they let them write home (even if it did get here after they've got back :rotfl: )
she'll have a ball!! :hug:

great idea about the disposable camera foxy thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back