where in the world have you been?

mum2A&L

Reaction score
Ive just been sitting looking at a friends photos on facebook. She is off traveling for a year and is currently in japan. Got me thinking that apart from a day trip to france when i was at school, ive hardly been anywhere! we went to dublin for a day trip a few years back, but thats it.

where has everyone else been? please don't tell me im the only poor sap to have spent almost all of their life in the same country :wink: Don't get me wrong, i do quite love the UK, but how sad does it sound when i can't say ive been out and seen even a tiny part of the world :lol:

where was your fav place, and where is your dream location?

Ive been to loadsa places in the Uk:
Yorkshire loads
Cornwall loads
Devon loads
Wales loads
Southport
Blackpool

Then ive been to

France
Ibiza
Majorca
Benalmadena
Tenerife
Gran Canaria
Turkey x 3
Egypt x 2
Dominican Republic x 2
Cuba

I was lucky in that my parents were able to afford to take us on holiday at least once year, when we were young we always went in the UK then when i was 13 we started going abroad, My fella has worked his ass off to take me on some gorgeous holidays aswell :hug:

ETA My favourite place was Cuba for the relaxtion but i liked Egypt alot aswell.
My dream location would be dubai, i have a curiosity to go there

Ive never been aboard, and dont even own a passport! and have no intention of going anywere!!

I live in cornwall thats good enough for me!!

baby-storm said:
Ive never been aboard, and dont even own a passport!

I don't have one either.

Its a sod though, finding other forms of id is a pain in the backside!!!! everyone seems shocked when i question what i can use as ID with them as i don't have a passport :wall:

I've been all over in the UK.
Scotland is my favourite place.

Abroad i've been to:
France about 3 times.
Ibiza at 12 years old
Majorca twice, i love it there.
And Gran Canaria. I hated it. It was awful! But i can't complain with it being early December and 30 Degrees

OH has never been abroad though.

I went on a Caribbean cruise in 2005 so if I hadn't have gone on that, I wouldn't have been anywhere either!! On there I went (from what I can remember anyway):

- Barbados
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Dominican
- Trinidad & Tabago
- Curaco
- Antigua
- Some Virgin Island :think:
- The Bahamas (didn't go in the town, the Princess cruise liner own their own part of the beach so was on the beach there. Wasn't really the best, I don't like the water :lol:)

There were a few other countries I went to on it, I think there were 12 in total, :think: I'd love to do it again, managed to convince OH that if we ever get married, I want to go on a cruise. It was amaaazing, some of the countries were very poverty stricken which was sad. I was only 17 though. Fort Lauderdale was the best, the shops :shock: I spent all my money there :lol:

I used to live in Spain when I was a tween and I've also lived in Wales and Scotland too, so least I've been there :dance:

Other than that, only been to:

- Eurodisney, Paris
- Prague
- Milan

I'd love to go on more holidays, its just money really :shakehead: Determined to take the baby away in 2010 when its a bit older (seen as its not born yet :rotfl: )

We had great caravan holidays when we were kids :D

UK Holidays:
Whitley Bay (No laughing) :)
Crimdon Dean (I mean it!!) :)
Brighton
Leyburn
Keswick

Short stays in
Edinburgh
Sandhead
Eastbourne

Abroad
Menorca (Toooooo hot)
Tenerife ( Was New Year and still tooooo hot!)

Sam&Alice said:
[quote="baby-storm":2rsyg1nx]Ive never been aboard, and dont even own a passport!

I don't have one either.

Its a sod though, finding other forms of id is a pain in the backside!!!! everyone seems shocked when i question what i can use as ID with them as i don't have a passport :wall:[/quote:2rsyg1nx]

yea that really annoys me its either passport or full driving licence, when i say I dont have either Im automatically assumed to be underage :wall:

oh I love to travel!

Australia
Amercia
Thailand
Singapore
Tenerife
Maylasia
Hong Kong
Spain (for about 3 hours! We drove from Portugal)
Portugal
Amsterdam
Majorica
Turkey x 2
Greece
France
Scotland
Wales

I've stopped at a few airports like Dubai but I guess they don't count :lol:

I really want to go to Macu Piccu and I would love to go on safari

Oh I would love to travel all over! I dont have a dream destination I have a dream of going everywhere!
Ive only managed

Spain (Benidorm and Torrevieja)
Italy (Rome)
Tunisia (Sousse)
Wales (lol, well its not England so kinda abroad??)

Ive not even been Scotland lol! :lol: Never have the spare cash to travel! :bored: Never mind! Definitely going away next year though! need a holiday desperately! I used to go Devon a lot which I loved but my dad moved :( (first to Spain which was great as hotter hols when we visited him, but now Croydon)

Places I have been to abroad are:
France (Paris, Nice, Avignon, Dieppe)
Holland (Amsterdam, Rotterdam)
Belgium (Brussels, Antwerp)
Minorca
Spain (Benidorm)
Estonia (Tallin)
Canada (Toronto)
Mauritius (sisters wedding)

Dream destination would be any of China/South Africa/Norway

Was planning to do a lot more travelling- then fell pregnant!!!!!!!
Next holiday will be in summer- probably to somewhere near Barcalona
Always want to go to Scotland/Ireland as never been to either of those

I luuuuuuurrrrve to travel!!

I have been all over the UK... right up to John O' Groats, down to Lands End.... even to some of the Hebrides like Lewis, Rhum etc..
For the UK my fav place is probably St. Fagins or Rhiwbina in Cardiff as all my family are there :)

For the rest of the world I have been to:
France
Spain (too many times to count!)
Portugal (x2)
Denmark
South Africa (dont remember too much as I was only 2yrs old)
America (loads - Houston, Galveston, New Orleans, Baton Rouge, San Antonio, Dallas, Chicago, LA, Colorado)
Mexico (loads - Acapulco)
St. Lucia
Morroco
Tusinsia

Oooh, I forgot about Belgium.... went to Brussells with the collage - only good bit was getting raspberry beer! mmmmmmmm beer :)

Stuck living in Canada atm :( in Toronto.

Canada (Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Ottawa and Niagara Falls)
US (New York & Buffalo)

Argentina (Mendoza)
Chile (Santiago)

Of course UK, places been to in Europe:
France (Paris, Annecy, Cherbourg, Le Havre, St Malo, Caen)
Spain (Santander , Lanzarote and Madrid)
Portugal (Faro and somewhere else, can't remember the name)
Belgium (Brussels)
Netherlands (Amsterdam)
Germany (Cologne and Berlin)
Austria (Vienna, Salzburg and Linz)
Czech Republic (Prague)
Denmark (Copenhagen)
Sweden (Stockholm)
Finland (Helsinki and Laaperanta)
Russia (Vyborg)

I think that is it, a lot of places I haven't included like Dallas, Detroit and Pittsburgh were just stopovers on the plane. I have been to many places also in Europe but just passed through them on the coach eg. nearly every city in Belgium and Holland but haven't included that.

Places most want to go to are Buenos Aires and Japan. South Africa would be there as well but not keen on going there atm.

Sick of travelling to be honest but should be home in around a year!

Stuck living in Canada atm :( in Toronto.

Canada (Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Ottawa and Niagara Falls)
US (New York & Buffalo)

Argentina (Mendoza)
Chile (Santiago)

Of course UK, places been to in Europe:
France (Paris, Annecy, Cherbourg, Le Havre, St Malo, Caen)
Spain (Santander , Lanzarote and Madrid)
Portugal (Faro and somewhere else, can't remember the name)
Belgium (Brussels)
Netherlands (Amsterdam)
Germany (Cologne and Berlin)
Austria (Vienna, Salzburg and Linz)
Czech Republic (Prague)
Denmark (Copenhagen)
Sweden (Stockholm)
Finland (Helsinki and Laaperanta)
Switzerland (Geneva) - bloody expensive!
Russia (Vyborg)

I think that is it, a lot of places I haven't included like Dallas, Detroit and Pittsburgh were just stopovers on the plane. I have been to many places also in Europe but just passed through them on the coach eg. nearly every city in Belgium and Holland but haven't included that.

Places most want to go to are Buenos Aires and Japan. South Africa would be there as well but not keen on going there atm.

Sick of travelling to be honest but should be home in around a year!

oh, i love to travel!!!!!! well, when i came to uk for first time it was travelling abroad for me!!!!! (i'm spanish).

I've been in:

Spain (he, he) but not only home, all around it and islands (Ibiza and Tenerife)
Portugal (we used to have a caravan when i was small and used to spend holidays travelling around)
France
Belgium
Holland
Greece (Skiathos and Corfu)

Inside Uk,

England, Wales, Scotland (i lived in Aberdeen for two years).

And more long haul,

Dubai (two days and i loved it, we have planned to move there in a few years)
Pakistan (my DH's family is over there, it was quite safe when i went there and i loved it, now it is not so safe, so don't know when i will be able to go back :( )

i'd love to go to America (North and South) and Australia. i'l have to wait a few years as baby coming and don't think about long haul travel atm!!!!

france
spain
bulgaria
majorca
Jamaica twice
Portugal
think thats it :think:

I have been all over UK and lived in South Africa for 6 years. Other places I have been are Afghanistan, Cyprus, Ibiza, Benidorm, Egypt, Oman and Majorca :wink:

I used to live in Benidorm, I loved it.

The OH's rugby club are going there on tour in April... Oh dear :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back