Changing primary school?

kellie80

Reaction score
I have been thinking of changing Jessicas school for a couple of years but I have decided I've just had enough now and I'm going to do it. She has no friends at all and gets picked on by everyone. Its a very cliquey school with it been quite small and a lot of the parents and children know each other out of school too. Shes getting hit and the teachers and dinner ladies ignore her so I tell her to hit them back and SHE gets in trouble for it :? I went to the head last year with photos and Jess covered in deep scratchers and nothing still got done. They have started a friendship group for her to help her to make friends but its not working and I'm just want her out now and give her a fresh start in a new school. How do I go about it? Do I just go to the school and ask them or do I have to go to her present school and deal with them?

Aww Hun, I am so sorry. I had this sort of prob with my lad when he was four and I changed his school, so I feel for you and poor wee Jess :hug: :hug: :hug:

I dont know a lot about the british system, but I think you need to contact the LEA (local education authority) it should be in the phone book, but you could always find out thru your local council. They will be the best to tell you how to go about it - you might actually mention that this school appears to have bullying probs - your lil girl might not be the only one suffering ...

Take care, stay strong and good luck with the change.

Lisa

I just went to the new prospective school and when they accepted her I just told her old school she was leaving.

When we were in Runcorn Stace went to a great school and had no problems whatsoever. Moved to warrington and her english failled big time. I went to parents evening (which I do twice a year) and I found out she had been having a support assistant for a YEAR for her english and they never bothered to tell me anything was wrong!!! Like how am I supposed to know what level her english should have been at then, she was an only child! Moved her within weeks and her new school was great and she's at a normal level for her age now and way ahead in maths :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back