Over protective

lanny

Reaction score
Monty is 6,
And our estate isn't the best nor is the local school so he go's to a different one a 20mins walk away from were we live.
He has started wanting to play out but I just can settle and it makes me feel sick, I let him on the front the other day and had my front door and blinds out but just couldn't get on in the house I just stood there whatching him.
Then two boys swore at him so I told him to come in but now he is asking every night to plAy out and I'm like no not tonight.

There's a youth club two nights a wk all the other mums drop them off and leave them some kids even walk over on there own but I'm the only mam that stays, there's older children there and I've seen them be nasty to other kids and the thought of them doing or saying anything to him makes me feel ill I know I wouldn't settle at home.

It's a few years off yet for monty but the 8-9 year olds at his school have just gone away monday to Friday with the school on a trip monty said I can't wait till I'm in year 3 and go.
I said to his dad I really don't know how I could get through the 5 days I would be just thinking something was going to happen to him I really think I would have to get the doctor to give me something lol

Is anybody else like this or am I alone? How to
You relax and let the play out without think someone is going to picking on him, kidnap him my mind just works overtime

I'm just hoping me worrying doesnt turn monty into a worrier too

It's only natural to worry!
I let Lacey out to play cos we live in a quiet cul de sac so can see her at all times but she's the youngest so sometimes gets left out although laceys so independent it doesn't bother her.
I heard a boy swear at her afew weeks ago so I went out and had ago at him. He's only 6 as it is so he shouldn't even know that language let alone say it to other kids.
Laceys going on a school trip on Monday too so I've given her rules like not to leave her group, don't talk to strangers etc.
I think sometimes you've just got to trust them as hard as it is.
If you let monty out and someone picks on him, I'd have a word with the youth club or their parents.

I know I'm going to have to sort something out because I think the other kids might start picking on him because I'm always there iukwim,
It's just so hard he's a baby to me and I don't what anyone or anything to happen to him.

i know exactly how you feel its like mental torture ive only just started letting my eldest go further than shouting distance towards the end of last year and she is 11 and if she doesnt answer her mobile phone it sends me into a panic, and dont get me started on sleepovers she is at 1 tonight so i will be on pins, my 7 year old plays on the front and im a bit more chilled with her at least if need be i can go shout her if i need to know she is ok, my husbands is always saying you have to let them grow up i know he is right but it doesnt give me any comfort or make it any easier. my eldest starts high school this september i dont know how im going to cope she is also going cardiff for 3 day with school in july she went on a 2 night 1 last year and loved every second of it :cry:

When you know how to relax please share it!

My son is 11 and like Midnights daughter goes to secondary school this september! I hate it when he goes out to play! I am lucky he is very into computer games, xbox and enjoys reading.

Some of the parents around here literally kick their 4-5 year olds out of the house and you see them walking around, crossing the road and going thru an ally to play on the field at back completely out of their sight! Freaks me out!!

X

When you know how to relax please share it!

My son is 11 and like Midnights daughter goes to secondary school this september! I hate it when he goes out to play! I am lucky he is very into computer games, xbox and enjoys reading.

Some of the parents around here literally kick their 4-5 year olds out of the house and you see them walking around, crossing the road and going thru an ally to play on the field at back completely out of their sight! Freaks me out!!

X

we have 2 year olds playing on our square :shock: i feel like going out and sitting there just so i know there ok and they aint even my kids :(

my youngest is 3 and we even sit in the back garden with him still lol he might discover how to climb the 6 foot fence and escape :oooo:

Midnight...it makes you wonder doesn't it!

2??? Bloody hell - what does a 2 year old know about road safety or saying no to strangers!

I am prob known as the nasty woman on the corner lol I live on the end and the road into our street runs the side of our house - I keep moving the kids from playing there tho - they worry me to death as it's a pretty bad corner and a narrow road and the way the cars come round is scarey - I would hate for one of them to get hurt.

LOL I just had the image going thru my head of your little one scaling the fence with the mission impossible theme tune playing!!!

Midnight...it makes you wonder doesn't it!

2??? Bloody hell - what does a 2 year old know about road safety or saying no to strangers!

I am prob known as the nasty woman on the corner lol I live on the end and the road into our street runs the side of our house - I keep moving the kids from playing there tho - they worry me to death as it's a pretty bad corner and a narrow road and the way the cars come round is scarey - I would hate for one of them to get hurt.

LOL I just had the image going thru my head of your little one scaling the fence with the mission impossible theme tune playing!!!

haha anything is possible with my kids lol

i dont blame you for moving them on

oh its nice to know Im not alone, like uses say there loads of children that live around us that can just wonder the street from very young
and I feel like there parents think im mental sitting on the front wile monty plays football.
a mother at the school asked if he could go for tea monty begged me so I had to let him go she said she would pick him up from school but I couldnt settle not knowing if somebody had got him so i walked over the school just to check she had got him lol think she though i was crazy
god wait till they want to go out drinking lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back