Scared

Nervous123

Reaction score
Hi All,

This is the first time iv ever been on a forum before.

I am currently 5wks5days pregnant I have had three hcg tests and the results were:

14/11/11 - 439
16/11/11 - 1439
18/11/11 - 1809

I had a scan on 19/11/11 and the gestational sac could be seen but nothing else. Do you think this could be a viable pregnancy?

I miscarried in August but my hcgs were very low at each 48 hr test.

69, 108, 164, 254

Because my 3rd lot hasnt doubled this time I am scared I will miscarry again.

Have any of you experienced anything similar?

All of this is new to me so I am a bit confused and would appreciate any of your advice :smile: xx

Sorry hun, no experience of HCG but I think they do look for a doubling. did they give you any advice? they shouldn't have given you results without a consultation. Hope it works out ok xxxxx

I have to go back in ten days time for another scan, I just dont understand why there was such a huge increase in the second lot and then not on the third one I am hoping that this isnt another miscarriage :( xx

They do look for doubling but generally they double within 48-72 hours. I don't want to give you false hope but if you think about it and forget the second result, you would expect roughly a 4-fold increase over the four days. You have more than that so I wouldn't lose hope yet. I really hope your next scan goes well :hug:

I was told the same as Sam's Mum by the doctor so I actually don't think your hcg tests look discouraging. The doctor also told me that hcg tests only tell them so much. As for the scan, I wasn't even allowed to go in for scans until 6 weeks onwards. I don't want to give you false hope either but I think you should try and keep an open mind and stay positive. I would get another scan done after 6 weeks and definitely get your doctor to discuss your hcg levels with you. I really hope you get some good news hon xxxxx

Thanks Verity, I am trying to stay positive - hopefully all will be ok this time around xxx

fingers crossed for you hunni, Sam's mum makes a great point about the maths, none of this is an exact science, I really hope its good news at the scan but i'm sure it will be a long 10 days for you. stay positive as they say xxxx

I hope all works out for you, I know the waiting game is so nerve wrecking.
But be positive as feeling stressed and anxious will not help. Good luck xxx

Best of luck sweetie - when I had my hCG levels measure during my last M/c they were just 87 at 5+ weeks so your levels look wonderful :)

xxxx

i hoep everything is ok for you hun, didnt wanna read and run xx keep us posted

Thank you all so much for your support! I will keep u updated! I really do appreciate your messages!! So glad I found this forum xxxxx

Thanks Dyscochick I am fine, just waiting for 29th November, and hopefully I will be ok this time round. xxxxx

Well I am nervous now.... I will let all of you lovely ladies know how I get on tomorrow! Although the last two days I have been soooooo sick and sleepy so I am hoping that they are good signs xxxxx

They sound like very good signs, hope it's good news for you xx

i hope everythiung was ok hun xx

Thanks ladies, our little bean id fine heart beating away! I'm so emotional xxxx

That's such wonderful wonderful news honey! Congratulations xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back