Can anybody help x

Nervous123

Reaction score
Hi All,

This is the first time iv ever been on a forum before.

I am currently 5wks5days pregnant I have had three hcg tests and the results were:

14/11/11 - 439
16/11/11 - 1439
18/11/11 - 1809

I had a scan on 19/11/11 and the gestational sac could be seen but nothing else. Do you think this could be a viable pregnancy? All of this is new to me so I am a bit confused and would appreciate any of your advice :smile: xx

I had a scan at around 6 weeks and the was only a sac then when I went back 10 days later there was a a baby in it! :lol: Your HCG tests are good and they dont usually expect to see a fetal pole until at least 6 weeks so dont worry I'm sure it'll be fine :hugs:

thank you for your reply it means a lot, do you even think its not too bad that the third lot of bloods didnt double? xx

Hi hun, I dont know alot about hcg levels... I know they kind of expect them to double every 48-72 hours. So if you ignore your second set of results and just look at your 1st and 3rd set, then thats a good increase.
As for the scan, they generally dont do these til at least 6 weeks as for the majority of the time before that, you wont see anything ... baby is just a ball of little cells.
So stay positive, I think your results are encouraging xxx

Thanks for your message it helps me to stay positive! I'm so glad I have found this forum xxxxx

Hi Hun no how u feel I found out thur and I don't no how far gone I am or nothing I haven't even had any bloods done the doc didn't mention anything about having any done x

I wouldn't worry too much your still in the very early stages! I found out when I was 6 1/2 weeks but didn't actually know how far I was until I had my first scan and then I was 11 weeks+3! Before the scan I constantly had in my mind am I really pregnant? Is it still there!! Complete panic! But like the other ladies said your HCG levels are good and will continue to increase so by the time you have your next scan (im assuming your 12week) your HCG will have gone up dramatically and you will finally get to see your LO :)

Thanks Tilzy, as the sack looked empty I have to go back on 29th Nov, fingers crossed there will be more to see. The good thing is I still feel quite pregnant, tired, sore boobs, mood swings (ha) etc so I am hoping that is a good sign. I will let you know how I get on next week. Hopefully I will be sharing good news xxxx

Hi Hun no how u feel I found out thur and I don't no how far gone I am or nothing I haven't even had any bloods done the doc didn't mention anything about having any done x

Hi Laura,

I wouldnt worry the only reason they have kept a close eye on me is because I miscarried in August, then was having stomach pains with this one.

I would give your GP a ring and they will be able to help you with your dates. You wont need any HCG monitoring if they dont have any concerns with your pregnancy. Congratualtions to you!! xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back