Empth placental sac

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by laurensmith, May 17, 2005.

1. laurensmith

laurensmith New Member

:(
    Hello, I am new to this forum.
    I had a miscarriage at 11 weeks in December 2004, it was my first pregnancy.
    Last week I had a positive pregnancy test. As I have irregular cycles I had a dating scan yesterday which showed a 4 week old empty gestational sac. I have been rebooked for another scan on the 31st of May.
    I am terrified that this is a failed pregnancy. Can it be that I had a positive pregnancy test last week at only week 3, i.e 7 days post conception? Seems unlikely. The first day of my last period was the 24th of March but I have irregular cycles.
    Can anybody comment or advise on my situation as I am going to find the next two weeks waiting for my scan hell.
    Scared,
    Lauren

2. pjv382003

pjv382003 Member

Hi

Try not to worry to much it maybe that you are just to early to show on the scan as they say most dont show up til between weeks 6 and 7.

I had a scan also as no idea of dates and they couldnt find anything in my uterus so suspected ectopic...1 week later they found a 'mass' and then 1 week after that they found sac and embryo and they put my dates at 5 +5 ....things sometimes just take time to develope.

Its going to be a difficult 2 week wait but keep chatting on here and reading about others experiences.you may get comfort knowing your not only one

Take Care

Paula 7+3