Blighted Ovum Help!!!

KarolinaMoon

Reaction score
Hello!

I am/was around 10/11 weeks pregnant when I went for my first scan on Monday. They found a gestational sac, but could not find any fetus or yolk. They did an internal scan, and still couldnt see anything, and I was told I had a 'blighted ovum'. Very early on I had had very very slight brown discharge, but put it down to implantation bleeding. I had no further bleeding/ brown discharge, and got all the symptoms of pregnancy, except I didn't have much nausea or sickness. I assumed the pregnancy was continuing just fine. So we we're very shocked when they told us there was actually no baby!! I am due to go back to hospital tomorrow for a scan I think, and to let them know what termination procedure I want. Since Monday, I have noticed symptoms such as tender breasts have gone. However I am still getting the usual milky vaginal discharge, and no cramping or bleeding whatsoever. I can't quite believe what has happened. I even did another pregnancy test because I assume the HcG levels would decline, but I got two very strong lines!! I understand that the sac can sustain itself for a while, and will still produce hormones, but how long can this go on for??!!
I was going to opt for the natural miscarraige, but am now unsure as I don't want this dragging on for weeks and weeks!! I don't want an operation either as 10 years ago I had a termination, and really dont want to go through that procedure again!!

Can anyone give me any advise on what to do??

Many many thanks

Carolina xxx

Honey Im really sorry for your loss! It is a horrible time when you discover something like this. I had a natural mc but I had started bleeding on my own so don't have any experience of the medical management. You will get lots of advice on here. Thinking of you! Xxx

so sorry to read this hun :hugs: i mc'ed naturally too, followed by a erpc op 9 weeks later. As far as i am aware if u were to take the medical management route it is similar to a natural mc as u pass everything after taking the pills. As for ur positive hpt, it will stay pos until u pass the sac and its no longer drawing hormones. I had a pos until after my erpc as i had a small bit of tissue remaining. Hope u scan goes well tomorrow xx

Hi,

Thanks Kanga, I am veering more towards the medical management option, and kinda hoping that something happens tonight naturally!!! Surely the body can't hold unto the sac for any longer??!!!
We are hoping to try again soon, I know the advise is to wait at least one menstrual cycle. Have you any advise/experience in what is best regards this?

many thanks xxx

u will be surprised, my little bean stopped growing at 5 and a half weeks but i didn't mc naturally until 12 and a half weeks, so 7 weeks later. i found out about my missed mc at my first scan.

i have only just had my first AF 13 weeks after my mc happened. although this was 28 days exactly after my erpc op. so quite normal, some ladies had their period around 5 weeks later but it does vary. After my op i didn't wait to start tryng again and used opk's to pinpoint ovulation but i didn't catch the eggy that cycle, so hoping cycle 2 is the one for me. Usually they say wait until after ur first AF but that is really down to dating purposes and whether or not u are ready emotionally.

I am so grateful for having the delay in having my cycles return because it really gave me chance to greive better without jumping straight into a new pregnancy. Just do what u feel is best for urself xxx

Hey hun so sorry for ur loss. I had a blighted ovum back in march, similar to u I found out at a scan there was a sac but no yolk or baby. I opted for a d&c so that it was over and my body would have a good clear out. The procedure was quick and painless and I had minimal bleeding after. In my head it was the best way to move on without the what ifs. When would the miscarriage start and will it come away or will I have to go back? Turns out I got pregnant exactly 2 weeks after the surgery with identical twin boys! Apparently fertility is up after a miscarriage and especially after my body had a clear out. But it's a personal choice and what works for one may not work for another. Thinking of u x

Hey hun check your private mail if you haven't seen mine already xxx

Hi hun, I had a medical management and for most people it does work and you pass everything in a few hours after the pressed which you have 48 h after the tablet. I am so so sorry for your loss and what you are going through. I know from bitter experience that guy wrenching feeling when the scan doesn't show you a lovely healthy baby. Huge hugs :hug: and please message or pm me if you want any info. I had the choice of hospital or home and I did it at home which worked for me. I hope you have an OH there for you or some other support xxxx

im so sorry hunny, i had a natural Mc and if this is what u want to do make sure you are not alone and have plenty of painkillers handy. i found out like you at 13 weeks my baby had no heartbeat it was a kick to the gut then i finally mc a week later, bled for a week and then it was over. |Everyones experience is different though hun, if it gets too much for you having a natural MC then do not hesitate to go hospital and get help xxxx so sorry again

I had blighted ovum...I tried with the medical management didn't work at all for me, tried twice even so I ended up having a d & c and it was perfectly fine. No scary at all and the recovery was fast, the bleeding was minimal and for a cupe of days a little heavier like period bleeding and it lasted 15 days. I had cramps, that required painkillers for around 15 days but it was less than my usual period pains and nth that a good sleep and a hot bottle can't resolve.
Got my period 30 days after the d&c.

I am sorry for your lost. Blighted ovum is apparently on eof the commonest miscarriages :(
Take care of you :hug:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back