Scan

PamMc

Reaction score
Hi all

I eventually got hold of my midwife today. Apparently hospital have lost my notes twice and that is why I haven't had a scan date. Now theycan't fit me in until 17th May and by then I will be over 15 weeks. Anyone else had to wait this long? I'm quite annoyed to be honest as I'm desperate to fins out all is ok.

Pam

That's a long time to wait! I know the scan is between 10-14 weeks but it seems like such a long time to wait! Especially since it's their fault!! x x big hugs and just think that you'll be much closer to the 20 week scan x just had a thought as well doesn't the downs screening nuchal fold scan/tests have to be done at a certain time? Though I'm not sure when x

yeah i had to wait this long with my first scan that was supposed to be 12 weeks i never went until i was like 16 weeks my next scan which should be my 20 weeks scan i will be 24 weeks lol

When you first found out you were pregnant did you no your dates like when your last period was etc. With my last pregnancy i didnt know my dates and they got my in for scans right away with this pregnancy I know my dates and all my scans have been way after they should be.

Last edited:
I asked them about the downs screening and she reckons that they wouldn't do it before then anyway (which is different to what it says in the leaflet she gave me!) They offer a blood test here and then say if you are high risk or not. I don't fancy being half way through the pregnancy having to think about all that. I reckon you should be able to opt out of paying National Insurance and put that towards private health care instead!!

yeah i had to wait this long with my first scan that was supposed to be 12 weeks i never went until i was like 16 weeks my next scan which should be my 20 weeks scan i will be 24 weeks lol

When you first found out you were pregnant did you no your dates like when your last period was etc. With my last pregnancy i didnt know my dates and they got my in for scans right away with this pregnancy I know my dates and all my scans have been way after they should be.

I do know my dates- maybe I should have said I didn't!! Next time!!

PamMC im almost exactly the same as you. I am having my scan on 17th of May too and they lost my notes twice!!! Im so upset and gutted, just wanted to see the baby and know its there and alls ok. Its awful to wait this long! I will be 14 wk + 3. Some people have had them as early as 10 and 11wk. Anyway know how you feel! xx

ps I knew my dates too, but i think its more to do with them loosing our notes! They are rubbish and we are just names and nums to them! I have also been told i cant have the downs screening it will be too late?! Although someone else told me you ahve to be 15wks, so im all confussed! x

Sorry to hear you are in the same boat. I've started to feel a bit more human this week- bit more energy and not so rough. I'm hoping this is because I'm entering 2nd tri and not that anything has gone wrong. 2 more weeks of worrying until I get to find out! Here's to the next 2 weeks flying for the both of us. xxx

Heres hoping!!! I was feeling the same, but then was sick this am. So not sure! Hopefully all is ok! Let me know how you get on xx

My midwife for my area said the nuchal fold scan and blood test had to be between 12 and 13 plus 6 days or wouldn't give correct results as they compare against the uk wide table of results for mums in the same dates to help provide the risk (apparently as I didn't have it done )

Hope all goes well, enjoy your scan , and just think it will only be another 5 weeks or so till you see it again, dikd you get your 20 weeks scan date through ?

I've only had a verbal date for the dating scan so no news for the 20 week. They don't do the Nuchal scan here- just the triple blood test to say what risk you are apparently. We are looking into doing a private scan but we can ill afford it to be honest and I feel like I pay into the system for nothing if I have to then get things done privately!
Hoping 17th May comes soon!!
Pam

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back