Scan today was a mission

Celene

Reaction score
I was so excited to be having my scan today it felt like forever for this day to come.

So we went in to have the scan. And all look ok, she onyl scanned me for about one minute and said it's not clear enought for me to measure the fluid behind head for downsydrome as baby was sitting real low down. So I had to go away drink another litre of water and wait over half an hour.
Went back in the second time and it was completly black couldn't see a thing!
So I had to go then empty my bladder so she could try again. Still way too cloudy to check for down syndrome. SO I now have to go back next week for a blood test to check for it, but I hear it's not as accurate.

I me and the hubby were so happy when we went in the first time you could see it all wringling around and moving it's legs. But now I feel I still can't tell everyone as I feel I should wait for the results of the blood test.

She said it's because of my retroverted utuerus that she couldn't get a good view, so I can't even go back another day for a scan.

So happy to have seen the lil baby though :) Just feel flat that I can't share my excitment yet.

xxx

I was so excited to be having my scan today it felt like forever for this day to come.

So we went in to have the scan. And all look ok, she onyl scanned me for about one minute and said it's not clear enought for me to measure the fluid behind head for downsydrome as baby was sitting real low down. So I had to go away drink another litre of water and wait over half an hour.
Went back in the second time and it was completly black couldn't see a thing!
So I had to go then empty my bladder so she could try again. Still way too cloudy to check for down syndrome. SO I now have to go back next week for a blood test to check for it, but I hear it's not as accurate.

I me and the hubby were so happy when we went in the first time you could see it all wringling around and moving it's legs. But now I feel I still can't tell everyone as I feel I should wait for the results of the blood test.

She said it's because of my retroverted utuerus that she couldn't get a good view, so I can't even go back another day for a scan.

So happy to have seen the lil baby though :) Just feel flat that I can't share my excitment yet.

xxx
sorry about that :/ I had the blood test and my result come back really low my midwife was very pleased !! so blood test is good hun dont worry x

Sorry to hear this I bet you were so excited too. Fx the bloods come back low xx

YOu got to see your gorgeous wee bean! yay! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You can still share your joy the blood test won't tell you if your baby has downs anyway it just data what the chances are it could. So you could come back as high risk and it still be fine

i would definitely now announce your pregnancy as you've seen bean and it was well and moving about , That's more than enough surely. As roxane says the blood test is not a yes or no it's a risk indicator and not much else . Go for it share your happiness , congratulations.

Last edited:
I am glad to hear you got to see bub and he/ she is healthy! That is the most important thing.

I had the nuchal fold test, plus they saw a nasal bone plus the heart all looked fine (DS can cause serious heart defects) and the I also had the blood test.

When I waled in my risk was 1 in 650 purely based on age and gestation. When I left my risk of DS was 1 in almost 14,000 - the four factors I mention above gave were combined to work out my risk.... My blood test came back within the hour!

So whilst your blood test won't be as accurate as being able to chakc blood and nuchal fold at least it will give you a good starting point for your risk factor

xxxxxxxx

I am glad to hear you got to see bub and he/ she is healthy! That is the most important thing.

I had the nuchal fold test, plus they saw a nasal bone plus the heart all looked fine (DS can cause serious heart defects) and the I also had the blood test.

When I waled in my risk was 1 in 650 purely based on age and gestation. When I left my risk of DS was 1 in almost 14,000 - the four factors I mention above gave were combined to work out my risk.... My blood test came back within the hour!

So whilst your blood test won't be as accurate as being able to chakc blood and nuchal fold at least it will give you a good starting point for your risk factor

xxxxxxxx

Thank you for your post! I just felt so rushed this morning it wasn't nice. I was in for one minute and she was like oh come back in half an hour after more water and when I came back they seen nothing. But I am sure they would have quickly checked all the other important things they needed to at the scan, like limbs, heart etc. I was told 3 days for bloods to come back. Lucky you got yours back in an hour :) I am sure all will be fine. It's just mothers nature to want the best for your baby :) xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back