scan today *updated*

lisa282

Reaction score
Hey ladies, some of you may remember that when I saw my m/w last week baby was measuring about 5 weeks bigger than dates and as a result I was booked in for a growth scan. Well, today is the day, and as much as I am looking forward to seeing my daughter again, I am absolutely crapping myself! I know it sounds silly, but my m/w warned me that if baby is really measuring as big as she thought, then I may have to have the rest of my care under a consultant, and also deliver at the big bad hospital which would totally rule out my lovely little waterbirth I had planned at the local maternity unit. I appreciate baby's welfare is upmost and if they advise me I will need to be induced early or have doctors on standby for an instrumental delivery then so be it, but this just goes against everything I want, so Im totally nerve-wracked today, hoping for the best but thinking the worst! :?

Of course it might prove to be nothing, I know how inaccurate fundal height measurments can be, and I may just have a baby in a high position or lots of water. But no matter what I do, I cant shake off the dirty thoughts and Im really nervous, keep thinking of an 11lb baby getting stuck or something :shock: . My appointment isnt until 2.30, so I will go to work as normal to try and keep myself occupied until then, but please girls wish me luck and hope it all goes well. I just want an average sized baby!! Will update later with news.... :pray:

]*update*
Thanks for all your positive thoughts girls. Scan went really well and had a really good check over by the midwives. Baby is measuring bigger than average, but not excessively so, so its all good news! :dance: All measurements are a couple of weeks ahead, except her legs which are very long and coming up about 4 weeks ahead so looks like she will be tall! She weighs about 4lb 2oz at the moment, where the average is 3lb, and they estimate she will be about 9.5 - 10lb at birth so although she is big, its not TOO big. All this means I still have the green light for my waterbirth at the local unit, so I cant tell you how relieved I am!! :cheer: :cheer:

She is lying breach at the moment which isnt too much of a concern yet, but still gonna do some work to try and encourage her to find the right way out! They also said my iron levels are a little low, so we went out for some food on the way home from hospital and had a big fat juicy steak...YUM! :D So all in all its been a good result, and now just got to ponder the pain of a 10lb baby! :shock: :roll:

Good Luck Lisa, I hope all goes well today and it's just a case of fundal height being a load of rubbish.
:hug: :hug: :hug:

Alex xxx

Hope all goes well and you do enjoy seeing baby again :) :hug:

i know its scary i have a scan booked friday to check his position as they are unsure and i am so worried they will find something wrong. i know its not the same thing but still a worry when its so late on in the pregnancy when we have got so far and we just want everything to be ok now.

good luck :hug: i hope all is ok and enjoy seeing your baby again before she arrives :D

Hiya hon,

I think your daughter wnts to be a super model :D Glad to hear the scan went well, i think my sons gonna be a tall one too!

xx

Oooh yes, definitely a supermodel :D

Glad things went well :) And I really want steak now :lol:

I am glad you feel at ease now hun.

You have started me off with the steak now lol.

I am of to weatherspoons today lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back