measurements

missac

Reaction score
if your baby is measuring 27cm at 28 weeks that means he is neat, this is what my midwife said (she also said average but I refuse to refer to my little soldier as average!!)

I keep getting told that I am going to have a big baby as babies on pd's side of the family are all big - I put out that he could quite easily take after me :pray:

So my question - as he is measuring slightly under now, will he be a smaller baby or could he have a growth spurt and still be a big baby? (I am not worried about him measuring under as mw says it is nthing to worry about) anyone want to share measurements stories so I can say I am right and he won't necessarily be mahoosive!!!

i was always measuring correct for the weeks nathan was 10lb 3ozs they are only a rough guide. my midwife knew nathan was not gonna be 7lbs but she never dreamt he was gonna be that big.

Aimee was measuring spot on till i was about 39 weeks when suddenly everyone was saying " oh this feels like a 10 pounder". She wasn't! but she was 8lb 11oz so still bigger than average.

:shock:

I'm expecting this little man to be big, twinnies weighed good weights and they were twins and born early, plus I know he's a long little thing! :)

Last time I was at mw I measured the same as my weeks......I'll update you on this again on Monday (if I remember) as I have my next mw apt then :(

missac said:
if your baby is measuring 27cm at 28 weeks that means he is neat, this is what my midwife said (she also said average but I refuse to refer to my little soldier as average!!)

I keep getting told that I am going to have a big baby as babies on pd's side of the family are all big - I put out that he could quite easily take after me :pray:

So my question - as he is measuring slightly under now, will he be a smaller baby or could he have a growth spurt and still be a big baby? (I am not worried about him measuring under as mw says it is nthing to worry about) anyone want to share measurements stories so I can say I am right and he won't necessarily be mahoosive!!!

tbh i dont think it really matters what your measurements are as to what weight your baby is, my previous 2 both measured pretty much the same for what weeks i was pregnant, and they were 8lbs 13 and 8lbs 10, it depends on how much fluid you carry, how strong your stomach muscles are, how your baby is laid, and you cant tell until your baby is delivered

When I had my 4d scan at 29 weeks I was measuring 32cm and was estimated at 4lb 3oz already and was told if he carried on at that rate he would be around 10lb!
Since then at my last 3 appointments with the midwife I've measured 3cm aove my weeks. Got referred and now have to go for a scan on wednesday to check just how big he is!! It could also be due to increased fluid etc too though!
Was also told everything could just even itself out and his growth could slow down from now so I'm sure the same could happen with you in the opposite direction! So you may still get a huge baby! plenty of time yet!!(not meaning to scare you!!)
Or baby may just stay 'neat' right till the end!!! :)
I hope that makes sense!! :oops:

Consultant told me today that I have big babies :shock:
Ive only got one! What he meant was that DD was early but still 8lb so he said if I go full term or over then I'm likely to have a much bigger baby. Cant see me going full term, cant carry much more weight as it is!

i measured a couple of weeks out at the most and hope was 9lb 8oz

on my last scan at 24 weeks parts of baby were measuring 26 weeks and other parts measuring 30 weeks :shock: consultant said he was a whopper and laughed
due to go again on tuesday for my 28 week growth scan so will let you know if its evened out at all :D xxxxxx

Thanks for everyones replies!! I can't wait till the next time he is measured it is so exciting even though it isn't the most accurate of things!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back