Scan Date

adele88

Reaction score
Right am 11 weeks round about now which the doctor suggested anyways. I should be due my 12 weeks scan next week its now wednesday and havent recieved a letter from the hospital?

Anyone know why its taking so long?:)

I would contact your midwife and ask her to chase it up, she would have sent the referral for you. Good luck :)

I would contact your midwife and ask her to chase it up, she would have sent the referral for you. Good luck :)

i dont have a midwife yet until after my scan thats what i was told by them until the doctor sends the letter

ooh that sounds a little unusal, I guess avery area is different, in our area in berkshire, you have to see the doctor first about 8 weeks onwards and then after they make the appointment for the midwife booking in for after 10 weeks, onwards who would sort out the 12 week dating scan I believe.

You might want to ring your doctors and just check with them, just incase appointment has slipped through the net.

I would think they would need your notes for when you go to the scan. Just an idea, hope the details arive soon for you.

Last edited:
I think it probably depends on where you are but here we see the midwife at around 8 weeks and she then refers you for a scan. I still didn't get my appointment letter through until 6 days before the scan though, so you might hear something in the next couple of days. You could always call the hospital where you'll be scanned and see if there's anything booked or a referral for you though

I don't have a midwife either and was told by my (usually useless) GP that I wont have anything until after my 12 week scan. Hope you get your appointment soon! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back