Saw midwife - protein in urine

Dinski

Reaction score
Went for my midwife appointment today. Had my anti-d injection (ouch!) and apparently I have some protein in my urine. Has anyone else had this? What does it mean? I am a little worried. She said she would send it off to be analysed to see how much there is but she wasnt very forthcoming with information.

:(

Hi !

Doc picked up on protein with me and mine was sent off for analysis but all came back ok.

the reason they tend to look for this is the links to pre eclampsia... seems to be linkd in with high blood pressure, headaches, swelling etc so is just a possible symptom but only possible.

I would say more likely nothing :hug:

I have had protein in my wee every week so far but 2 of them. Sometimes it is down to infection, sometimes its nothing, sometimes it can be to do with pre-eclampsia.

I blame mine on not eating enough cause thats when i seem to get it.

i had this everytme i had my wee tested! and it was nothing to worry about in my case :think:

but it could be a sign of pre eclampsia (sp) if it is coupled with high bp.

I've got protien in my urin and its a UTI , easily treated with antibiotics .

Hi

I had this all through my first preg and was fine and all through this pregnancy so far but my doc isnt worried as he said it must be a normal part of pregnancy for me
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back