protein in urine

charlotte_

Reaction score
went to see MW today, and she told me that i had a small amoun of protein in my urine, she said it's probably nothing, but could be a urine infection. i've never had one before, but all my girlyfriends told me if i had one i'd know about it.

anyone else had this? :think:

I had protein in my urine all the way through my pregnancy, it was only ever a trace at a time so there was nothing to worry about, its quite normal.

I've had a few occasions where I've had 1 plus of protein. I even had a sample sent to the lab but it came back clear, no infection.

It's nothing to unduly worry about unless your blood pressure is high too, because that can mean the onset of pre eclampsia.

Happens a lot hun, you would know if you had a rip roaring uti as you would have symptoms.
They dont usually worry if its a trace or + 1 of protein. :hug:

Often a small amount of protein can be caused by CM contamination. This happened to me on one occasion. You would know if you had a UTI and if bp is no concern then don't give it a second thought!

I think when I had protein in mine, mw put it down to me being really hungry before I did the sample and my body had started to breakdown the protein in my body.
Was never a worry though and never reoccured.
I had aUTI once and certainly knew about it, but I guess you could have a very mild one with no symtoms? Either way, not need to worry if the Mw isn't concerned.

Its not true that you always have symptoms with a UTI. When I was prego with James I had a load of crap in my wee and had a really bad infection but had no idea. No pain nothing. It did baffle the doc a bit but the midwife said it does happen. A trace is usually nothing, prob contamination by vaginal discharge which is also very common. Dont worry hun, they will keep an eye on you :hug:

I've had this too, a couple of times. I've just finished a course of antibiotics for a UTI but I never experienced any of the symptoms that you usually do with a UTI. GP said it can affect you differently in pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back