protein in urine

flossey

Reaction score
I had a urine test done last week and the midwife said it was 'plus 2 protein and plus 1 lucocites' the hospital phoned me on Monday to say the urine sample came back from the lab as clear.. what does the plus 2 protein and lucocites mean then? Anyone enlighten me? xx

Leukocytes are white blood cells hun, they are present in urine when the body is fighting infection.

protein and leukocytes can mean infection usually, if your bp is raised they can be indicators of pre eclampsia too. im sure if it was anything to worry about your mw would have told you but if your worried or wondering then just ask her hun

Thanks girls. My blood pressure was low, can't remember exactly what it was but I'm sure if it was something to worry about they wud have said so. Thanks anyway x

i have protein in my urine at every single visit ! had leucocytes like 3 times, glucose most of the time and keytones twice and theyve never found a problem, sometimes it just happens :)

xxx

I had mine sent off at 28 week check cause of protein and it was clear of all infections and everything, so think sometimes you can just have it there and it doesn't cause a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back