Safe to fly after falling pregnant?

Rach9

Reaction score
My husband and I were planning to strat trying for a baby in July whilst on holiday. But I have since read that you shouldn't fly in your first trimester!
Surely alot of babies are conceived whilst couples are on honeymoon??!!
We are flying to a long-haul destination. Should i really put off trying until we get home or am i being ridiculous!! :shock:

I'm not sure hun, but if your only going to start trying when you are on holiday it's unlikely you will get pg whilst on holiday anyway. it takes on average 6 mths from starting ttc to actually conceiving.
Hope this helps.

thanx Dee.
I realise i prob wont get pregnant first try, but will be ovulating begining of second week of hol, so do want to try ........ but would put it off if was told not a good idea. :?

I say go for it hun!! Like you say a lot of people probably get pg whist on holiday and it does them no harm to fly home. I'm sure I've heard somewhere that it's in later pregnancy that you can't fly. Sorry I can't be of more help.

From what I've read/gathered it's unsafe to fly immediatly after conception but as you say a lot of couples concieve honeymoon babies so that kinda defeats the theory. Although I say that a best friend concieved on her honeymoon, flew home and miscarried at 6 weeks...not sure if that was the flight or nature there, not sure? Anyway it's safest to fly in trimester two but GP's etc seem to think there is no reason why you can't fly. I think you have to weigh up the evidence etc and decide for yourself. Like Skairdykat said, it takes an average of 6 months to concieve so just relax, go for it, I think nature plays it's own game what ever you decide, another mate from uni concieved on honeymoon and her little girl is now a happy healthy 18 months old!! Go for it, what do you have to loose?! Good luck :hug:

Posh and Becks conceived Brooklyn in, well, Brooklyn. She flies every where and she pops them out like peas :wink:

:lol: true bunny true!!!!
Thanks for that advice Nicola, think we will just see what happens, if its meant to be its meant to be..............I'm getting on now so prob take me years to conceive!!! :cry:

been looking into this myself.. only advice i found was that you need a doctors release to fly after 26 weeks... my best mate wants to do a big girlie holiday in April with me. She doesnt know we are ttc so having to be careful with her... wants to go on safari....

if i do get pg then as long as i dont ride any elephants i should be fine according to web docotr

good luck ttc
:wave:

hahaha talking from someone who did safri this last year , u will not wanna do it while pregnant ! its hot , not much shade , and the vechails are so bumpy that u think uve broken a rib when u get off ! ud prob be more comfy on a elephant !

aahhh.... we to at least i'll have a good excuse to do nothing but lie on the beach....... :rotfl: as if i need one!

another tip ! dont go in april .............it bloody rained for 2 weeks !

oh and unless u get a completely private beach with no locals trying to sell stuff u'll find the pool much more easy going lol

can u tell i had a naff honeymoon in kenya :rotfl:

oh and dont go with african safari club :rotfl:

thank you for the tip... thats who we were looking at going with.

I'll have to pop over to off topic and see if anyone has ideas of where we can. Shes losing her sight so wants to do something big while she still has some sight left

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back