Is it safe to fly?

JuniKat

Reaction score
Is it true that it is not safe to fly during pregnancy?
I flown to Russia with my husband and found in Russia that I was pregnant. Which means, I flew while I was 3-4 weeks pregnant.
But now the doctors says I should not fly...
I do not know what to believe!!

I've always been told it's safe to fly, up to somewhere in your third trimester. :think:

Thanks OingoZoingo...
I always thought it was safe...I already flown when my baby was only 3-4 weeks which suppose to be the danger period...
I know that airline does not allow third trimesters to fly...but I would have thought the second trimester is fine...
Doctors always exaggerate!
May be though...it has to do with the fact that my womb is stiff??

Hi there :wave:
I found out I was preggers the day before my holiday in Asia. I did 5 flights during weeks 4 and 5 of my pregnancy. It did no harm, baby is doing well :cheer: :cheer:

I'm a pilot and stopped flying as soon as I find out I was pregnant at 5 weeks. In those 5 weeks I clocked up approximately 80 hours of flight time over about 25 flights, including a couple of longhaul flights. I gave birth to a perfectly healthy baby 8 weeks ago.

The Civil Aviation Authority allows pilots to fly aircraft in their 2nd trimester. The first is considered high risk - both to the pilot, their baby and their passengers. The third trimester is not feasible due to the pilot's size and fatigue. Many women pilots fly many flights during early pregnancy without problems. I went on holiday twice while pregnant - once in my 1st and once in my 2nd trimester.

Flying will not cause any problems that were not going to happen anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back