room sharing when in hospital?

I want to move to new Zealand!!!!

The hospital I went to was truly awful after a 63 hour labour I was absolutely starving and I asked if they could me anything to eat the midwife said well I can get you ham sandwich but ardor really offer food!! I was in for four days and I had meals bought in from home because the food was inedible!
The morning after I had her I had a catheter in and epidural + spinal were still wearing off so I was unable to go get breakfast from the dining room no one even bothered to get it for me had to wait till visiting times for someone to bring me food!!

I'm hoping the hospital I'm going to this time is better!!

hi girls I've just got off the phone to my mum and she works at the hospital where i'm going to have harry, she told me about the lack of beds at my local hospital, she was telling me how they were turning women down who were in established labour and how they had to shut the labour ward off because they had too many women, and then the women that were already in recovery and waiting to be discharged had to share rooms!?!?!

i don't mind being on a ward with lots of other women but just having you and someone else who's just gone through the same thing i bet is well freaky, i went on a tour of the maternity unit at my hospital and all the private rooms aren't that big and once you accomodate visitors there isn't room for any one else- majority of rooms have an en suite so i wouldn't like to know there is someone in my room while i'm having a shower and stuff?

does any other hospital do this, and would you consent to sharing your room???

can i ask what hospital ur planning on giving birth in as ur not to far away from me, and i think the problem we have over here is that they shut sandwell maternity unit which is causing problems for all the other hospitals!! a friend of mine recently had hers at russells hall and she said it was manic in there and she would prefer not to go there next time, as people were everywere and she took ages to be discharged as the doctors were really busy elsewere :) x

im going to the manor, and they have always been really good on how many they allow in etc as they dont like overcrowding women and babies in :) x

i have two choices for hospitals in my area it's russells hall or birmingham women and childrens, so we went with RHH because it's closer.

lets just hope it quietens down over the next few weeks, and i was told that most people were opting for RH as they didnt want to have there babies been born in brum coz that goes on birth certificate :shakehead: good luck when the time comes xxx

I had my own room and didn't have to pay anything at all .... I was enduced and when I first went into the hospital I was on a ward with 3 other women and one I was in established labour I was taken down to delivery and when ruby was born I was then placed in my own room.

I am going to a hospital where all the women get there own room, they don't have wards.
I don't know about sharing though, if it comes to it when you are there, and you have a straight forward labour, and everything is ok, that you want to go home.

The hospital I'm going to take better care of their patients thankfully. Everyone I know who has given birth, went to the hospital I'm goin to.

You get a menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner and just tick what you want. They also bring u tea and biscuits throughout the day. X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

fingers crossed we have good labour and get treated right x

Same at my hospital, if its too busy, they will close the ward and send you to another hospital unless you're high risk. I don't have a problem with this personally, as you can't regiment or predict when women are going to go into labour, its just luck of the draw. I wouldn't have a problem sharing a room, as I would be glad of the company and to be able to share our stories or be able to ask someone else in the same position questions. I'm hoping its not busy when I go in, they have a new birthing pool!!! :D

OMG I hadnt thought about what happens after the birth and after you have to leave the delivery room.

I have always really dreaded the thought of ever having to be in hospital on a ward. I cant stand people seeing me in my PJ's, even with a dressing gown over them. I also cant sleep in front of people, not even family.

I've just found out that the hospital I will have to go to (Im classed as high risk so I have to go) has 64 ante/post natal beds over 3 wards. I can see that the social side of things would be good, but the idea of strangers (mums and their families) around me while Im not fully dressed or while Im trying to sleep just horrifies me tbh. Apparently there are single rooms that might be available, but there is a charge for them, but it doesnt say how much. I know its silly cos my pjs for the most part cover me up just as much as ordinary clothes.

I guess I just thought you stayed in the delivery room or another room on your own til it was time for you to go home.

Im also really funny about my food, very picky, so would probably have to have all my meals brought in. I used to work in a Hospital, different one to the one I'll be giving birth in, and the food there when I went onto the wards looked and smelt awful.

that seems like a lot of people over 3 wards, dunno weather i like the sound of that many people surrounding me!! at my hospital there are two wards one were c-section people go and the other ward normal deliveries they have some side rooms available too, but other wise the wards have so many rooms with 4 beds in but you can have the curtain pulled around you if needed and tbh it aint that bad as i have shared both previous times and i was glad of the company and met some lovley people who i have stayed in touch with :) xx

I suppose when you get to the point of being in labour I won't care who's in with me afterwards just the only thing that matters is that my little man is safe and me and him are healthy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back