Labour ward tour

stumpyjoe

Reaction score
Hubby and I went for a tour of the labour and maternity ward today. It was great. The labour rooms are massive with en suite bathrooms with bath in them and all the buts and bobs including a tv (which we have to pay for) but at least it's there. The staff seem really friendly and calm - no one running around like a looper. There were no screamers either. The post labour ward was interesting they have several rooms - one with four beds, one with two beds and quite a few rooms that are individual - bonus!
To be honest, I don't plan to stay long after the birth so I'm not bothered either way.
My hubby now knows how to get to the ward, where the vending machine is and the shop, where to pay for parking and we know the visiting times. I feel a lot more prepared and can now actually imagine the type of room where I'll have my baby.
It was nice and scary all at the same time - it's all very real now. In fact I started to fill up in the labour room and had to bite my lip to stop me from crying.

Fantastic stuff. I wish I got to tour my labour ward. But the amour of times I went into hospital I know the labour ward n midwives off the top of my head. (not the same fun experience :/ )
I'm so glad u got to go, ur hospital sounds really nice. If that's one in London, I feel like I've been bumped lol

No lea it's not a London hospital - I'm a long way off - county Durham and I'm going to Durham hospital. It's quite a new building actually which is probably why the rooms are so nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back