Aromatherapy and Guildford hospital

Jimmer

Reaction score
Morning all - hope you and your bumps are all well and had nice relaxing bank holidays. We finally finished the LO's room - looks gorgeous.

We also had a tour round Guildford maternity ward - really liked it - has anyone else been there?

While we were going round, they made a very big thing of talking about the fact that they had aromatherapy burners in all the rooms. We hadnt even considered that! Is anyone else including this in their plans or used this in their labour? What oils are supposed to be good?

Thanks all!

Jimmer

Morning all - hope you and your bumps are all well and had nice relaxing bank holidays. We finally finished the LO's room - looks gorgeous.

We also had a tour round Guildford maternity ward - really liked it - has anyone else been there?

While we were going round, they made a very big thing of talking about the fact that they had aromatherapy burners in all the rooms. We hadnt even considered that! Is anyone else including this in their plans or used this in their labour? What oils are supposed to be good?

Thanks all!

Jimmer

Oooh pics of the nursery pleeeeease! :cheer: :pray:

I have heard of women doing this... I haven't included it in my plans but I think it's a lovely idea. Have you tried googling it and seeing if there are any websites for natural calming remedies?

Great idea though..! x

Second the pics request! :D

I remember our MW at the antenatal classes recommended Clary Sage and Lavender. I can't remember if there were others though.

Yeah I know Lavender is a great essential oil that pregnant women can use. Sounds like a good idea, I haven't done my birth plan yet, so might just add this - prob find out that my hospital don't 'do' aromatherapy....

Be very careful with Clary Sage!

It is a powerful uterine stimulant and should only be used once labour is properly established - using it can bring on contractions very strong and very intense so would be good to get advice from a qualified aromatherapist or a doula on it's use...

Lavender is very relaxing as is sandalwood :)

Thanks all - will talk to an aromatherapist.

As for pics, will get some as soon as I can! Moses basket is being delivered at end of week, so might wait until then for the full effect!!! :D

Jimmer

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back